• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

raif71

Major Contributor
I believe you are still able to control active monitors as what you usually control but not from A90, it is fixed volume at A90.
ooo.... I would still like to control the volume using the A90 or any other amp...it's hard to fiddle the volume of my active monitors.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
ooo.... I would still like to control the volume using the A90 or any other amp...it's hard to fiddle the volume of my active monitors.
The outputs on the back is after the volume control. You will control the volume through the knob. The preamp is a dedicated preamp.

jae

Major Contributor
Sorry, I'm confused ....what is all the talk about preamp version? I thought that the A90 back output whether via rca or xlr act like a preamp...ie volume out is controlled by the volume knob as opposed like a fixed line-out, right?

The Pre90 product that has been mentioned a few times here is a product that is not released yet. It will be a dedicated preamp with remote controlled (stepped?) attenuator with in/outs only. Not much else is known at this point

If you are referring to the A90, I believe the pre-amp setting just means it uses the back XLR/RCA outputs for connecting to another device (such as a power amplifier or directly to active speakers). I think @auronthas got the D90/A90 jumbled up; the volume knob on the A90 is never locked in preamp mode. Digital volume attenuation is locked however when the D90 (dac) is in pre-amp mode.

NunzioLan

The M400 seems a hair better than even the D90 if you care about such things. But, the M400 has not received much reviews or feedback so far online because it is newer.

Also M400 doesn't have bluetooth, if you care about it.

NunzioLan

Importing to Europe from outside the EU generally triggers customs duties and tariffs, depending on where you're at.

For now I have never paid additional fee with hifigo, I hope my positive streak can continue :)

MalinYamato

MalinYamato

For now I have never paid additional fee with hifigo, I hope my positive streak can continue :)
Where do you live? I have mailed hifigo whether it has a warehouse in Europa. If so, no custom fees.

NunzioLan

it has Bluetooth.

You are right ! I confused it with the M500. As far as I know the only dacs with bluetooth 5.0, balanced output and MQA decoding under 1000 € are the D90 MQA and the M400, did I miss any?

Where do you live? I have mailed hifigo whether it has a warehouse in Europa. If so, no custom fees.

I live in Italy, in my experience orders from hifigo usually arrive within two weeks here in Italy. I don't think delivery times would be different from you, but in the current situation one never knows.

August

a90 has arrived !!!:D
QQ图片20200526171555.jpg

Rigel

Congratulations. You will tell us how your impressions are. I see that you also have other models to be able to compare.
Could you hear it already?

Top Bottom