• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Megatronic

There is one more question, if i had this scheme: pc - usb to topping d10s - rca to a30 pro, do i need to switch amp to lift mode to eliminate ground loop?

Veri

Master Contributor
if i had this scheme: pc - usb to topping d10s - rca to a30 pro, do i need to switch amp to lift mode to eliminate ground loop?
Can't know in advance, you'd have to test. D10s can pick up USB noise if you're unlucky (it's a $100 DAC so yeah), in which case playing with A30 grounding switch might help. Tough to say.

Fernando

Forum Donor
Any decent DAC is going to work perfectly with the A30pro.
Another thing is aesthetics, but for that you have google and its images.

Beau

E30 works fine until I upgrade to D30pro but one thing is bummer that pre-amp is missing, if you listen with power speakers it's a good edition to HPA.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
E30 works fine until I upgrade to D30pro but one thing is bummer that pre-amp is missing, if you listen with power speakers it's a good edition to HPA.
You can use the DAC itself. D30pro is extremely low noise, better than almost all other dedicated preamps.

Beau

You can use the DAC itself. D30pro is extremely low noise, better than almost all other dedicated preamps.
But it supposed to be in PRE mode as I understand or when in DAC mode knob will work as db volume? I like when my DAC shows different bitrates.

wyup

For preamp and powered speakers like Ilouds MTM I would buy Singxer SA-1 instead, 250$ more, but fully balanced preouts built-in and better performance, even better than Topping A90 according to subjective reviews.

Digital attenuation doesn't cut it.

Atrox

For preamp and powered speakers like Ilouds MTM I would buy Singxer SA-1 instead, 250$ more, but fully balanced preouts built-in and better performance, even better than Topping A90 according to subjective reviews.

Digital attenuation doesn't cut it.

Also way nicer potentiometer and Nuetrik XLR connectors.

Poyo

If you feed the A30pro with E30, it's RCA so 2volts.
Will the A30Pro provide same power output ? (4.4mm and 6.35mm)

max1236

If you feed the A30pro with E30, it's RCA so 2volts.
Will the A30Pro provide same power output ? (4.4mm and 6.35mm)
As far as I know all the headphone outputs are more or less the same power and using using RCA input will give about half the power.

Pan

Yes, the idea was that..TRS Cables to RCA, but yeah that's the problem, TRS is balance and RCA is not, so not sure if that could cause troubles.
I guess it will be safeter:

Topping dx7 XRL =>A30 pro ( headphones)
Topping dx7 RCA => Denon=> Klipch
??

I have A and D 30Pro stacks. Initially my setup was
OPTION 1
D30Pro=> A30Pro(XLR)
D30Pro=>KEF LS50W(RCA)
-Set D30Pro output to both XLR and RCA(Blanced and Unbalanced)

Being a bit OCD, I prefer D30Pro to have ONLY XLR output, I guess this makes D30Pro signal cleaner without RCA(unbalanced) output. So, what I did was
OPTION 2
D30Pro=> A30Pro(XLR)=>TSR output=>TS to RCA converter=>KEF LS50W(RCA)
-Set D30Pro output to XLR only
-When I use headphones(turning ON A30Pro), my KEF speakers will be disabled
-When I want to use my speaker, I turn OFF A30Pro and the signal from DAC will bypass to KEF speakers.
-No noticeable noise or sounded different from OPTION 1

Last edited:

kiyu

I have A and D 30Pro stacks. Initially my setup was
OPTION 1
D30Pro=> A30Pro(XLR)
D30Pro=>KEF LS50W(RCA)
-Set D30Pro output to both XLR and RCA(Blanced and Unbalanced)

Being a bit OCD, I prefer D30Pro to have ONLY XLR output, I guess this makes D30Pro signal cleaner without RCA(unbalanced) output. So, what I did is
OPTION 2
D30Pro=> A30Pro(XLR)=>TSR output=>TS to RCA converter=>KEF LS50W(RCA)
-Set D30Pro output to XLR only
-When I use headphones(turning ON A30Pro), my KEF speakers will be disabled
-When I want to use my speaker, I turn OFF A30Pro and the signal from DAC will bypass to KEF speakers.
-No noticeable noise or sounded different from OPTION 1

question for you, because my initial thoughts were similar.
when you say " TS to RCA converter " is a special device or just a cable?
In the local market, I found TSR to RCA (cable)

Top Bottom