• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thread dedicated to the Topping A50S

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mine just arrived, yay!! I first had a hum problem unless the volume pot was maxed, but then I changed the RCA cables and the problem got fixed. Bad shield and/or ground from the first cables I tried. The pair that fixed the problem is Gotham Cables, extremely well shielded and flexible, best rca in the market imo.

With the hum fixed, this little amp is a beast, my Fiio Fh3 gets loud barely after muted. Im using the 4.4mm bal out, totally unecessary for a sensitive iem, I know. But couldnt resist.

Cant wait to my Aeon 2 to arrive. Planars do benefit a lot from a powerful amp.

I would not have the mental fortitude to sit with that silver and black combo in front of me all day. Was that intentional? I'm still waiting for the black A50s I ordered to match my black D50s...

OP
H

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would not have the mental fortitude to sit with that silver and black combo in front of me all day. Was that intentional? I'm still waiting for the black A50s I ordered to match my black D50s...
Yes, I found the contrast fun and it is easier to tell which is which. They have the very same chassi, it is to have something stark to tell them apart.

OP
H

Human Bass

@JohnYang1997 the sound is great and powerful, but im hearing a background noise, nothing too loud, but clearly perceiveable when it isnt playing something. It is not a monotone hum, so i guess it isnt a ground loop. Sounds like some very slight radio interference. The L30 didnt have this. Do you think it might be power supply related or maybe the iem cable working as antenna? It is not constante, sometimes it disappears.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
@JohnYang1997 the sound is great and powerful, but im hearing a background noise, nothing too loud, but clearly perceiveable when it isnt playing something. It is not a monotone hum, so i guess it isnt a ground loop. Sounds like some very slight radio interference. The L30 didnt have this. Do you think it might be power supply related or maybe the iem cable working as antenna? It is not constante, sometimes it disappears.
According to your description. It's neither. Only possibility is the interference is picked up through rca cable. But can't explain why L30 doesn't have this.

OP
H

Human Bass

According to your description. It's neither. Only possibility is the interference is picked up through rca cable. But can't explain why L30 doesn't have this.
I guess I fixed, the pair im using has directional ground and one of the cables was not in the "right direction"

raif71

Major Contributor
Mine just arrived, yay!! I first had a hum problem unless the volume pot was maxed, but then I changed the RCA cables and the problem got fixed. Bad shield and/or ground from the first cables I tried. The pair that fixed the problem is Gotham Cables, extremely well shielded and flexible, best rca in the market imo.

With the hum fixed, this little amp is a beast, my Fiio Fh3 gets loud barely after muted. Im using the 4.4mm bal out, totally unecessary for a sensitive iem, I know. But couldnt resist.

Cant wait to my Aeon 2 to arrive. Planars do benefit a lot from a powerful amp.
Make it Rattle and Hum (oooppps) !! Desiirrreee :D

ReaderZ

Mr:River

Our plan is to put A30pro and D30pro into production the end of the month. But ....
Any new A30pro release-production predictions?
Do you have any idea of a possible price?
1_d80499f6-8a84-41b7-860b-d466205cde82.jpg

raif71

Major Contributor
I usually don't go for amp without preamp but I might get this amp coz of the 4.4mm headphone jack :). The dac otoh just have to wait and see.

Veri

Master Contributor
Woop woop D30 Pro looks nice! This stack will drive virtually any headphone to ear obliterating volume lol.

OP
H

Human Bass

I hate to say this, but Im not fully satisfied with my A50S. I keep getting noise from it, I suspect that it may be the volume pot or the power supply.

Veri

Master Contributor
I hate to say this, but Im not fully satisfied with my A50S. I keep getting noise from it, I suspect that it may be the volume pot or the power supply.
Can you elaborate on your full set-up?

antdroid

Reviewer
is the A30 Pro just a smaller A90... whats the benefit of the A90 if the A30 pro is being released?

I assume its pre-outs?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
is the A30 Pro just a smaller A90... whats the benefit of the A90 if the A30 pro is being released?

I assume its pre-outs?
A30pro is not differential balanced output. The XLR and 4.4mm are for convenience and better measuring performance. Though the design is to provide insane amount of single ended power, the A90's bal out is still more powerful.

Mr:River

A30pro is not differential balanced output. The XLR and 4.4mm are for convenience and better measuring performance. Though the design is to provide insane amount of single ended power, the A90's bal out is still more powerful.
Launch when A30?

antdroid

Reviewer

Thanks! Just wondering if I should "downgrade" from A90 to A30 Pro and save some desk space. :)
I've converted all my cables to 4.4mm so either one works. Nice looking designs.

OP
H

Human Bass

Can you elaborate on your full set-up?
Notebook -> d50s by usb > a50s by some fancy quadstar rca.

My notebook is properly grounded, 3 prong plug.

I will test with another dac i have gathering dust in my closet.

Top Bottom