• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Private Equity Buyout Of Music Production

mmi

Might as well drop this here from the same source.

Sorry not to reply to OP but this is spot on!

For me it’s pretty simple logic: I like having my own digital music in a well organised library and don’t ever stream music (I only stream mixtapes / radio shows). So atmos music is of absolutely no interest unless I can download the files.

Second: I hate “sweet spots” and feeling locked into a position, I just want music sounding as good as possible everywhere in the room.

Third, my experience of spatial audio so far using AirPod Pros has been terrible. With music (including Apple Music Spatial Audio tracks) it all sounds less spacious. The effect is kind of interesting with movies as it sounds like you are in a room listening to speakers in front of you, but it also sounds hollows / echoey and drastically flattens everything so you lose detail and background sounds.

Due to the above I have literally no interest in atmos or spatial audio. I could see it being good for gaming or AR like Apple Vision (which is what their whole spatial push is actually about) if they get it working with headphones, but the tech isn’t there yet.

Top Bottom