• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advice for Hypex NC2k amp vendor for 'semi-pro' application?

In the dance music scene there is a revival of music enthusiasts who want to provide sound to small (~100 person) parties with an 'audiophile-quality' sound system. This is a similar motivation to legendary New York impresario David Mancuso and his Loft parties of the 1970s, which occurred before pro and audiophile audio branched off into two distinct streams of audio that went their separate ways.

I am one such enthusiast, and am trying to build a home system with high audio quality which will also support high SPL. It is intended to serve a dual purpose of being used at home and transported to such small, private parties for maximum auditory enjoyment of (predominantly) dance music for the guests. For this reason, I find myself trying to navigate the audiophile and pro audio worlds and their fairly distinctive and differing priorities. It's not an easy task. I'm still debating subwoofer boxes, but I've settled either on Danley SM60F or Danley SH50/60 for mains, and a combination of MiniDSP Flex HT and the Hypex NC2K for ADC/DAC/Signal processing and amplification respectively.

Since the Hypex NC2K design is assembled by so many resellers, it's difficult to tell who to buy from, but I'd like to see a 12V switch, rack mount capability, and Speakon connectors for my application. Can anyone recommend a reseller that has reliable results with the Hypex NC2K design and can satisfy these requirements?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Buckeye Amps should be able to hook you up if you are in the USA.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Continuous high SPL and rack mount (2 or 3U) size will certainly need some (triggered maybe? ) active cooling too for reliable operation and peace of mind,you may want to include that too.

Matt_Holland

Check out K-array.
Lots of options with high SPL, sound quality and DSP.
Where are you based?

Koeitje

Major Contributor
If you want to run it in a PA setup you are going to need active cooling.

JayGilb

Major Contributor
If you want to run it in a PA setup you are going to need active cooling.

VFAN_Petite_Alchemy_Gunmetal_Hero.jpg

I have a PA stack that I use in my back yard and haul around to a few parties in the summer and this is what I use.
It goes in our house when not being used to cool a rack system.

OP
C
Continuous high SPL and rack mount (2 or 3U) size will certainly need some (triggered maybe? ) active cooling too for reliable operation and peace of mind,you may want to include that too.
thanks, ac infinity makes some decent temp-triggered rack coolers which i have used in the past for other applications. i'll be sure to add this to my list.

Top Bottom