• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Transfer messages and photos from old iPhone to new iPhone without iCloud

• Thread starter Deleted member 48726
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48726

My wife needs to transfer all her messages from her old work phone to her new private phone. Because she now has her new private apple ID on the new phone you can't transfer photos and messages easily without a third party tool. I did that years ago with an app quite easy but it seems that now the market has exploded and there are many to choose from that seem to do the same job. But I'm in no mood to play a game of minesweeper with private data.

Which program or app do you have positive experience with?

staticV3

Master Contributor
You can create a local backup of the iPhone's data using iTunes, then restore that backup on the new phone.

OP
D

Deleted member 48726

You can create a local backup of the iPhone's data using iTunes, then restore that backup on the new phone.
Not to a different apple-id it appears.

Last edited by a moderator:

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Not to a different apple-id it appears.
I think if the old iPhone is above a certain iOS version, the phones exchange everything via BT or so by just lying next to one another during setup. At least that’s what they did when I went to a new one ca 1.5 years ago. I don’t use iCloud either.

OP
D

Deleted member 48726

I think if the old iPhone is above a certain iOS version, the phones exchange everything via BT or so by just lying next to one another during setup. At least that’s what they did when I went to a new one ca 1.5 years ago. I don’t use iCloud either.

They are both recent. iPhone 12 and 13 with the same iOS. If you choose the "quick setup" it just copies everything from the old phone to the new with your existing apple-ID.

The problem is that the new phone has a different apple-ID but we still need to copy the same things over and apple doesn't allow that. A third party program is needed.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
They are both recent. iPhone 12 and 13 with the same iOS. If you choose the "quick setup" it just copies everything from the old phone to the new with your existing apple-ID.

The problem is that the new phone has a different apple-ID but we still need to copy the same things over and apple doesn't allow that. A third party program is needed.
Ah. Got it. iTunes then?

OP
D

Deleted member 48726

So no one's got the best third party app for my issue?

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you sign into the new phone with the work AppleID, make the transfer then log out of work ID and log in with new private Apple ID?

With the old phone you can also download all the iCloud contents like photos, messages and saved files to a desktop/laptop and move them to the new phone.

I know, it's crazy how locked down things are now. The cost of privacy demands.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A couple years ago I had good luck with a program called iMazing, looks like it's still being updated and the old version recognized my iPhone 11Pro just now.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Which program or app do you have positive experience with?
Sorry, not an iPhone user here... seems to be some steps here though with a few options;
Or maybe this will assist more;

JSmith

Randyman...

A couple years ago I had good luck with a program called iMazing, looks like it's still being updated and the old version recognized my iPhone 11Pro just now.
This is my backup tool of preference (paid version). But I can't say if it allows restoral to a different account. It's very flexible and even allows browsing/extracting within backups.

Top Bottom