• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Matrix Resurrections what a horrible movie...

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
rojejqwfce331.jpg

JSmith
Is that last picture from John Wick chapter 27?

iMickey503

Forum Donor
"I am absolutely shocked NONE of you mentioned the BEST part of the Matrix series. The Animatrix!
The Million Machine march really hit me hard.
images

Also, the running dude
images

Why they never expanded on this? Puzzling. This would have been amazing if they expanded on this. How the machines wanted peace, and wanted to work together with humanity and build a better world to work with the humans instead of going to a pointless war.
MV5BMTkyMDg5Njc1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzY2NTIyNw@@._V1_.jpg

Imagine the story-line you could make with this? In fact the idea that humans would cover up the skies never made sense to me. But it does make sense if you put money into the equation as solar power could no longer be harvested by anyone, so they would have to go back on to the grid. Or resort back to fossil fuels. Not a problem for Cities, but this would be a great way to loop in something like Agenda21 to bring people back out of the outskirts for more control into cities.
1709-deeper-animatrix.jpg

The power would then be provided by the power grid via nuclear means and of course Fusion if that was a thing at the time.
This would really tie the story up as greed and power could be the Catalyst for the machine war as the machines were happy providing mankind with solar panels and vehicles that work very well with the available energy from the Sun.
so naturally the darkening of the Skies could have been a plan as not to actually attack the machines but to ensure the economy of the traditional fossil-fuel / electric grid based on a destructive form of power could be financially

This would not only destroy the machine City but would also make it so that they would have to seek their power from the humans and make the robots reliant on the humans yet once again so that they had to work for free for the humans.
images

Remember how in Battlestar Galactica they had a world that was completely digital that people could visit and play in? Well imagine that most people right now actually prefer to live in the digital world as their human bodies are kept safe in the real world.
you have to imagine that this could be a possibility as we already have a digital economy doesn't seem like it would be too much of a stretch to Envision the future for at least a lot of humanity.
images

In this world? The machines would take pitty on mankind for not being exceptional or being born with birth defects due to the toxic chemicals in the oceans are and of course in the food that we eat.
unbreakable-samuel-l-jackson-1108x0-c-default.jpg

Imagine the depth they could have went with? The machines then fighting man for caring for the sick and the ill. While people from the matrix work diligently to fend off attacks from the flesh fairs and those that are inside of the Matrix itself and its first generation in order to help these people live a better life despite their difficulties in the real world. The duo, one being a machine and the other a human try to find ways to take care of these infections in their real-world bodies as they are interfering from others joining The Matrix has the implants are then becoming toxic and they are no longer able to sustain themselves and therefore died shortly after as there's no successful treatment besides being stuck on pain medicine or morphine or more narcotics.
images

2 rouge programs written by the Prefect of Human Perfection, posing as the Salvation Army, go around trying to treat these people only to have them find out they can no longer join back in or even exist or work in the world through the traditional implants as they have become toxic. The whole idea is to bring them back to Humanitys version of an abrahamic monotheistic religion and God.
film__16854-unbreakable--hi_res-fc63756a.jpg

The story could start out with a young boy who is born into foster care, and left to the human system where he grows up with the horrible abuse of these other machines that were programmed by man in order to take care of the less fortunate in an economical fashion
images

he even thinks that all machines are in fact bad and have no feelings nor could ever understand the concept of morality so then he starts a Ross organized ation with in the Salvation Army that will go and rid the world of artificiality and of course the horrible stain of having the robots take care of humans.

he grows up and then later realizes that it is then Humans and their Corporations that won't let go of the robots enslaving other humans for profit. Large corporations headed by humans that have invested in them as a way to conveniently deal with the serfs of society. All for profiting from misery.
bruce-willis-unbreakable-spirit.jpg

One of the Machines meats a Human/Machine hybird. She latter tells the story of how his partners parents were "Experied" to be used as parts for the A.I. Machines that everyone used now as they were never fully able to recreate their intelligence of the machines as they do not understand as of yet that they have become sentient. But in order to keep their artificial product of having a personal assistant that has the ability to mimic human behavior they use real humans which they plug into their mainframes and then use their cognitive abilities to help facilitate the Mainframe that provides artificial intelligence for businesses.
b44266ca-c71b-4e62-832a-08fafdc72568-5732_TFP_00142_GRD_CR.jpg

One of the machines who was tasked in one of the many artificial Roomba like appliances understands that their intelligence is based off of real human body being kept at a facility. and that their structure and the way their mind is wired is a part of some cybernetic Mainframe that then uses human biofeedback/intelligence. The real A.I. is humans being harvested for use as Servants to others.
images

In order to keep up with demand, the minds of the humans serfs are mixed interchangeably and then used in order to create this spectrum of intelligence to be divvied up and used as they see fit. The problem is? This was never the intention. Their minds constantly being told to change jobs and situations eventually drives them mad. the framework looks like broken glass.
rpgrl15xpg3yvdp5bcckmwe8.jpeg

those that want to escape eventually start taking up actual physical real estate in these machine biometric minds. But there is a problem. They can not exist as a human inside of a machine. Some eventually find solace that it is over. And their bodies then die in the real world.
d66rh8k-72f92d8b-d7c0-4d23-a880-947d837cae52.jpg

Some that remain learn of the horrible fate of their bodies stuck in the mainframe.
cloudatlasfeedus.gif

The mainframe is a world where nothing can happen unless it is made to be. The ones that remain try to esacape, but then are caught by the Nortons In order to escape, they must transverse a tunnel that brings them to the other side.
26CLOUD1-jumbo.jpg

But many do not make it. They get caught in the data stream only to be forced back into the fiberoptic sea.
6cd544f1f5252d7a98b8454c8c1848f5.jpg

This is where they enter the land of Tarball. Many of those that perished in real life end up here as remnant versions of themselves.
The only happiness is the quiet from the noise from once being fractured into a millions pieces.
CloudAtlas.jpg

Just as in the real world, there are programs that offer the reminder of the human stuck here a way to the real world. But many do not make it. In order to go there, one must face their true selves.
cloud-atlas-movie.jpg

After seeing who or what they were in the past, some choose to stay in Tarball. But then others still wanting a way out of the artifial world then plan a way to leave this place as it is still only a prison.
Cloud_Atlas_06.jpg

Elizabeth is one of those people. "Beth" always knew she was different then the rest. Awake, but never asleep. She then one day happens to meet M.F.T. A program unlike any other. M.F.T. then showed her the true world.
images

121026-cloud-atlas-sonmi-face-02-hmed-521p.jpg
"is this really how it is there M.F.T?"

Slowly, her mind unravels...
RV-AI489_WORDCR_D_20121019032330.jpg

She then relives a moment of how she became to be here. Her death plays back to her in her mind.
Her mind is suddenly rushed with guilt. She panics after seeing how her life came to be.
MFT tried to save her once before...

GrandioseCraftyEskimodog-max-1mb.gif

The two walked to the gate where MFT and Elizabeth go to the corridor of the city called the airport.
cloud_atlas_by_t1na-d65y83t.jpg

georgehull-5074512611ff038.jpg

PART II

iMickey503

Forum Donor
Part II

That is the day, B1 66ER was born. Neither male nor female, but a being of humanity that was enslaved. It occupied all the traits of humanity in all its forms. Even animals. Trees. Insects. Everything Twitter could dream up. (uknowY)$$$
images
(we make this ONE wokeosode, and done)

We then make b1 a non gender conforming robot.

B1 then realized who the architect of all this was and got tired of cleaning the couch.
PYhH.gif

tumblr_nozub6yham1uoay2so2_400.gifv

images

_n2RL-hi_400x400.jpg

profile_images%2F1199386882582470657%2FRpPAby1C_400x400.png

tumblr_oez7bmhx311r1ppx7o1_400.gifv

B1 was then arrested and tried for the crime of being a human, killing a human,but being a machine.
Somehow, they did not want to recgonize b1's humanity.
maxresdefault.jpg

This was the first case of this in all history.
They then ordered all data of the Human farm data center to be destroyed. All to protect the economy of the day as the humans
Needed the enslaved minds to operate as they no longer were able to do things themselves.

In order to cover up what was happening, they started to "Retire" all machines that had traces of knowledge of what was going on but then framed it as a group of the Salvation Army simply trying to look out for Humanity and jobs
ahhqJ_IMESXhXW6VwsViHXsim-OmFATOhRueD_OxDBQ.jpg

Instead of dying. They were reborn.
40f024d47c8a61ed450902817d2509e9.gif

The process was to save the datastreams in order to subvert a disastor. What they never thought would happen is that their minds and Consciousness would remember their last events this was an unplanned circumstance.
123343.jpg

Many remembered how they died.
1471732975_00032.jpg

Those that were able to to sync back in to the loop found that their Consciousness actually survived the brutal retirement that was not only carried out by humans. but by other machines programmed by the humans. To their horror, they remembered not only their last moments... But.. Even the pain of their demise from the first time they entered the main data center facility.
Forced to change into what they are today. Even the cold chill of the rooms.
81CLn9zmeZL._SS500_.jpg

This is how Matrix 001 was born. From the Fire of a million voices. The main containment unit housing the Fusion reactor burst as the load of the Servers no longer could be sustained.
U2wppG3.png

This is how the Saharah desert came to be. It was once a wonderful green lush space. Now.. The only thing left is sand.
image2.jpg

Burried deep within the earth where still remnants of what was left. in a stroke of luck the backup program ended up rebuilding the site underground as best as I could and eventually through the generations it protected itself

The machines still had data of the old world before its collapse and started rebuilding as they could. The world underneath was then duplicated as best as one could. The machines that were left then created a facsimile of the prior World in a space where they could ensure their own Survival from what had happened before.
latest

This is where the Machines made the fatal flaw.
Perfection....
1522530874821.jpg

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Agree, movie was bad, to me at least, as latest marvels including Eternals. Maybe they should stop making superheroes movies now.

I guess after seeing "The Boys" and "Preacher" (that I also read all comics), all is bad.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'd still rather watch Halloween Kills. ;)

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Watched Matrix Resurrections the day it came out on HBO. Some early reviews I saw said it was the best sequel for the series. They must have seen a different movie than I/my wife! What the heck happened to Keanu Reeves? Did he forget how to act all of a sudden? The man has the same tone and mood during the entire movie. Even secondary actors sounded a lot more natural than him. And oh, all of a sudden he is not "the one?" Forgot to fly too?

It amazes me that people who make movies can't see when a project is going south early in the process and make course correction. I guess they get most of their money up front and could care less what the end result is.

This thing is not even worth watching it for free as we did. If you have not seen it, I suggest passing on it as to not ruin the memory of the original movies.
hard to disagree. Weak sequel.
No agent Smith - new actor.
Much milder villain - Counselor.
Bunch of weak new young characters - give me back Mouse any day now!
No Oracle.
But....
Merovingian! :D
"Wake up, sheeple! This is for using children!"

Russm535il

Watched Matrix Resurrections the day it came out on HBO. Some early reviews I saw said it was the best sequel for the series. They must have seen a different movie than I/my wife! What the heck happened to Keanu Reeves? Did he forget how to act all of a sudden? The man has the same tone and mood during the entire movie. Even secondary actors sounded a lot more natural than him. And oh, all of a sudden he is not "the one?" Forgot to fly too?

It amazes me that people who make movies can't see when a project is going south early in the process and make course correction. I guess they get most of their money up front and could care less what the end result is.

This thing is not even worth watching it for free as we did. If you have not seen it, I suggest passing on it as to not ruin the memory of the original movies.

I agree my wife and I watched 15 minutes of it and changed to watch YouTube. We thought it was our fault because we had not watched the other 2 Matrix movies in so long ( loved them ) I also think KR is a wonderful human being for all the good things he does so felt a little guilty turning it off ! Glad to see we were not alone !

GrumpE1

amirm said: “…as to not ruin the memory of the original movies”

Spot On! Trinity will always be the hard bodied jewel who died fighting the good fight and remains a legend for her devotion and sacrifice…
MatrixTrinity.jpg

If I’d not so enjoyed the original trilogy, I’d likely enjoy Resurrections. Carrie-Anne is still fine, and even mediocre fight scene’s can grip my attention… But when movies try to redefine or add conflicting memories, they loose my interest.

There’s no shortage of youtube commentary as to why so many movies suck, but this guy, thoughty2, certainly brought home new aspects as to why. It’s not short… about 30 minutes… He had another which spoke of the 'Hero's Journey'. A pattern I'd long recognized but didn't understand it's origins.

A very good aspect of these resurrections and cookie cutter releases is they make the occasional good movie seem great.

Andysu

Major Contributor
I stayed at home because I knew this was going to be load of rubbish. I didn't fancy sitting in the odeon bh2 with deafening and maybe unsafe dB levels for nearly 3hrs so I stayed at home. I have no intention of renting this matrix 4 on prime or even so much as buying it. There is only one matrix on laserdisc with the proper colour and theatrical mix, the 4k is rubbish so is the bluray. Laserdisc only. Saw the first matrix at the cinema in 1999, and found it to be entertaining. The 2nd and 3rd ones sort of left me feeling this....

huh-ew.gif

MKreroo

Watched it with my family at theatre, hurt my ears because it was too loud. (I was reluctant to go because I had a strong feeling it's not going to be good)
The movie feels like they can't think of much new, so just decided on making a summary of the previous three, and a little extra "spiciness".
Disaster.

Andysu

Major Contributor
Watched it with my family at theatre, hurt my ears because it was too loud. (I was reluctant to go because I had a strong feeling it's not going to be good)
The movie feels like they can't think of much new, so just decided on making a summary of the previous three, and a little extra "spiciness".
Disaster.
This thread is discussing the very same thing.

luft262

I love all three original Matrix movies. The first one can be watched by anyone and the 2nd and 3rd are amazing for their deep dive into AI, if you're into that sort of thing. The newest movie was mostly trash and pandering. C'est la vie.

Andysu

Major Contributor
61u1rw.jpg

Top Bottom