• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Matrix Resurrections what a horrible movie...

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
Worst? Keeping it in the sequels category, worse than Caddyshack II? Return To The Blue Lagoon? Paul Blart Mall Cop 2?

Of course there's no right or wrong answer here but I'm guessing most folks would consider the latest Matrix to be head and shoulders better that these or something like Kindergarten Cop 2 or Staying Alive 2.

temps

If they had any integrity to the artists vision, they'd let them kill the contract and make one without them. It could hardly have been worse than what was made, and their name would not have been attached to it.
Spoken like somebody who has never created anything at all... much less something as important as the Matrix is to the Wachowskis. It's like giving your child up to foster care. Also, the guy who was heading up the version without them? Same guy who did X-Men 3, Elektra, and Ready Player One. So yeah, it would have been worse.
Tired of hearing this garbage. Assuming people must have missed the message of the movie, in order to say we don't understand it and is the reason we are criticising it is complete nonsense.

I got the message, it doesn't give the movie nor it's creators a pass or a good grading score. The message is trash and the delivery of the message is trash.

"It is meant to be bad and is telling us so, so it does it's job and is therefore good" is incredibly stupid. Incredibly.

Worst movie I have ever seen.

0/10
You haven't watched very many movies then... it warned you early on it wasn't going to be what you expected or, clearly, wanted, and you kept watching anyways. Butthurt ensued. But please, do tell me, what do you think is the message. BTW, guy, I was responding to a guy who was like "gee I wonder if this was an attempt to get more cash out of the franchise?" The movie directly stated that, and people STILL didn't pick up on it.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Spoken like somebody who has never created anything at all... much less something as important as the Matrix is to the Wachowskis. It's like giving your child up to foster care. Also, the guy who was heading up the version without them? Same guy who did X-Men 3, Elektra, and Ready Player One. So yeah, it would have been worse.

You haven't watched very many movies then... it warned you early on it wasn't going to be what you expected or, clearly, wanted, and you kept watching anyways. Butthurt ensued. But please, do tell me, what do you think is the message. BTW, guy, I was responding to a guy who was like "gee I wonder if this was an attempt to get more cash out of the franchise?" The movie directly stated that, and people STILL didn't pick up on it.
Well tell me exactly how I'm supposed to feel it was good this creator make a crappy movie (and that is being generous) just because he was in a difficult situation with his contract? The guy had to know millions would go see it and spend money on it, and if it were his intentions be disappointed in it. And how do the people working on it like Mr. Reeves, and Ms Moss feel if they spent their time and effort to intentionally make a crappy movie. Do you think that is how they were looking at it? Doing an intentionally poor job can hurt the rep of the actors. And for what it is worth I didn't keep watching it. I watched 40 minutes and did see what they were doing. I skipped thru a few other sections and canned it.

As for who might have made it instead I actually liked two of the three you listed, and all three out class this movie. So again, how was it a benefit for Lana to make this pile of poo? Comparing it to a child, this movie would be a result indicating that Lana is no longer a competent parent to their creation and it should go to foster care. Foster care isn't good, but it also isn't always the worst option.

temps

Well tell me exactly how I'm supposed to feel it was good this creator make a crappy movie (and that is being generous) just because he was in a difficult situation with his contract? The guy had to know millions would go see it and spend money on it, and if it were his intentions be disappointed in it. And how do the people working on it like Mr. Reeves, and Ms Moss feel if they spent their time and effort to intentionally make a crappy movie. Do you think that is how they were looking at it? Doing an intentionally poor job can hurt the rep of the actors. And for what it is worth I didn't keep watching it. I watched 40 minutes and did see what they were doing. I skipped thru a few other sections and canned it.

As for who might have made it instead I actually liked two of the three you listed, and all three out class this movie. So again, how was it a benefit for Lana to make this pile of poo? Comparing it to a child, this movie would be a result indicating that Lana is no longer a competent parent to their creation and it should go to foster care. Foster care isn't good, but it also isn't always the worst option.
*she/her. Don't see the point in engaging with someone plumbing the darkest depths of ignorance. See ya

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
*she/her. Don't see the point in engaging with someone plumbing the darkest depths of ignorance. See ya
Easy way out.

I'm not ignorant about biology. I suppose Lana is a social simulacre of a her.

Larry B. Larabee

Glad we watched it for "free" on HBO Max. Not nearly as good as the original trilogy. Overt reference to Warner Brothers was best moment as a laugh. Even Doogie Howser was unable to resurrect it! Maybe it was the single Wachoski instead of the earlier brothers now sisters is why it is not good. Maybe this the Wachoski version of "The Last Airbender"....
Was this a serious movie or a comedy? Breaking the third wall by referencing an ongoing dispute (Warner Brothers and who knows what else) would certainly distract me from any dramatic elements and the storyline.

Firefly00

Easy way out.

I'm not ignorant about biology. I suppose Lana is a social simulacre of a her.
Not sure what you being transphobic has to do with the quality of a movie. It seems as if your problem is not in fact the movie itself, rather than society has progressed forward since the 80’s

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not sure what you being transphobic has to do with the quality of a movie. It seems as if your problem is not in fact the movie itself, rather than society has progressed forward since the 80’s
A society where loads of people seem to be offended by anything? Or where gender doesn’t exist anymore, as if it was a social construct instead of a biological?

Come on man.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A society where loads of people seem to be offended by anything? Or where gender doesn’t exist anymore, as if it was a social construct instead of a biological?

Come on man.
Sex is biological. Sex and gender are not the same thing - else we'd not need to different words for them. And of course, gender exists, we just have a better understanding of the many forms in which it exists now.

You're on the wrong side of history, just as homophobes were in the 80's

Still - this thread is not about gender theory - it is about how excruciatingly bad the movie is. Let's get back to that.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not transphobic. And none of my comments had anything to do with the movie except in regards to the movie itself. I did post about Lana Wachowski who wrote this movie in regards to the intent of the movie in disagreement with another poster's ideas. When I used the term he it never occurred to me to use anything else. Not because I wanted to cancel out that person's choice to become Lana from Larry, but just because I thought of that person as a he which is how they were born as a male sexed person. The difference never entered my mind.

So rather than address my questions about how intentionally making a poor movie made sense in regards to movie goers and fans of the other movies temps wanted to make an issue of me using the pronoun 'he' as if that invalidated my opinion. It had nothing to do with my opinion of the movie. If Larry Wachowski now being Lana has something to do with why the movie was made the way it was then okay, but I didn't consider that. I was only considering the movie as it was released.

So yes, let us discuss the movie, a terrible movie it was. As a movie consumer I don't really care why it was bad just that it was. If I thought Larry being Lana was why it was bad I would have very plainly said so popular opinion or not. I don't think that had anything to do with it.

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I’m not transphobic of homophobic, let everybody be whoever they want to be.

But the current hysteria to call women “menstruating people” or “birthing people”, or to force representation of every minority in a movie no matter what the original story was - I think the woke movement just has gone too far.

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Back on topic fellas:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220107-050301_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220107-050301_Messages.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 87

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Still - this thread is not about gender theory - it is about how excruciatingly bad the movie is. Let's get back to that

Yes, please.

This isn't the place to fight that fight.

raif71

Major Contributor
Sex is biological. Sex and gender are not the same thing - else we'd not need to different words for them. And of course, gender exists, we just have a better understanding of the many forms in which it exists now.

Still - this thread is not about gender theory - it is about how excruciatingly bad the movie is. Let's get back to that.
In the new movie, Neo's digital self is different if I understood right. Taking this idea further, I wonder if it's possible that some of the people in the pod whose gender is male but in the matrix the digital self is female and vise versa. Hmmm

Top Bottom