• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The best Pro Class D + DSP amp Crown|QSC|Dynacord|Lab Gruppen|Powersoft

AwesomeSauce2015

Many pro amps are on par with their shiny residential brothers. If residual noise is an issue you buy a plenty powerful amp and use the attenuators. Easy peasy.
Sort of, I was mainly referring to the "almighty" SINAD measurement. Most pro amps measured here have much worse SINAD measurements than most "home" amplifiers. Additionally, most home amps are designed for use in the same room as the speakers, and so don't have loud fans (or fans at all).
Now, in a professional use case, where the amps may be on 24/7 in a rack with a bunch of other amps, having powerful fans, and worse SINAD in exchange for power and reliability are good trades. But in a domestic environment, these trades may not be as desirable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking through the list of amps, here are my thoughts:

Crown DCi 4|1250:
No DSP, and this is a 70/100V amplifier and I wouldn't recommend it for a non-70/100V system, just because that capability will cost you more and be wasted. There are other, better options from Crown if you for some reason need this power output.

QSC DCA 3422:
No DSP as well, This is a 2 channel amplifier and you want 4 channels. Also, the output terminals seem to be only Speakon, which may be annoying.

Dynacord IPX 10:4:
Good luck wiring to this thing. The IO terminals, and the power cable port are not "normal". This is a 4 channel DSP amplifier, so it meets your criteria. No idea about the price though.

Powersoft Quattrocanali 2404:
Same comment about the wiring as above. This also looks to be a 4 channel DSP amplifier, and given the form factor, and the fact that it is EN54 compliant (ie, fire alarms, life safety), it is probably going to be expensive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So like I said above, it really comes down to what you want to do with the amp. Without knowing your use case, I can't really make any recommendations. All I can say is that Crown and QSC are good brands, with reasonable prices, Crown makes DSP amplifiers, no idea for QSC.

ChrisG

Guys which is the best 4ch Class D Pro amp with DSP features for eq, crossover and timing. Which is most neutral and transparent and lowest possible distortion. For 4-way speakers.

Crown:
DCi 4|1250

QSC:
DCA 3422

Dynacord:
IPX 10:4

Lab Gruppen:
D40:4L

Powersoft:
Quattrocanali 2404

I'd throw the Powersoft T304 in here. I haven't compared the amps on your list, but I've been pleased with my set of T-series amps in a wide range of applications, including domestic HiFi and high-power PA use.
The DSP is as good as it gets.

Chris

HellcatJB

I think Linea Research deserves an invite. They're partnered up with PMC and seem to be running an upscale operation. Their 88C20 claims 2500x8 @ 2,4&8 ohms which they claim is RMS even when all 8 are driven like u stole em. That has to be unmatched because it's nuts. Fully integrated 96khz DSP across all channels. It is all of $9k but it's also 20k watts rms. I've seen QSC come up pretty short on the dyno. I've also heard of a lotta reliability issues with Yamaha. The Crown XLS2502 puts out 1200x2 @ 2 ohms. Dollar per watt were at Crown 2400÷800= 3 watts per $. The Big Nessy from across the pond is 20,000÷9000= 2.2 watts per $. Man that things a monster tho. The Dynacord is roughly the same price as Nessy but only half the output. Update: the Powersoft X8 claims 5000x8 @ 2 ohms for a whopping 40k÷$19k= 2.1 watts per $. I can only imagine you would have to run 1-2 220 lines to it and have upgraded ceramic race bearings installed on ur meter
1000051381.png
1000051380.png
1000051382.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom