• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best class D amps to match high sensitivity JBL cinema subwoofers ? Is an AUDIOPHONICS NC502MP the best choice ?

Sieniek

Hello everyone,

I need your help regarding my audio system.

I have AUDIOPHONICS Purifi amps (Gain bypass mode) which I'm using together with Motu MK5 Ultralite and JBL Cinema 4722N loudspeakers. As these loudspeakers are very sensitive and Motu have quite high output voltage I've decided to set purifi amps on bypass mode.
Recently I have bought some cheap second hand JBL cinema subwoofers 4645C with JBL 2242HPL drivers inside of them. These are very sensitive as well and my question is:

Which amplifier should I buy for best price/performance to match JBL 4645C subs ? Is https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/powe...tereo-ncore-nc502mp-2x500w-4-ohm-p-15016.html

the best choice out there or one of the best ?

Also, I can see there is no option to bypass gain like I've done in my Purifi amps - will that cause any problems when connected to Motu MK5 Ultralite high output voltage ?

Is it a good idea to have connected Purifi amps with bypassed gain which needs high output voltage and NC502MP which needs lower input voltage to reach full power into the same Motu MK 5 DAC ? Will it cause any problems, clipping, etc ?

Any ideas of "how to" and which amplifiers to buy for best match my JBL 4645C subs using Motu MK5 ?

Thanks for help in advance and have a great day everyone !

DearSX

You may want to find a way to match the volume of the mids/highs with the sub-bass with some kind of independent volume controller. I think 500watts is plenty, considering the speakers sensitively, but you may want louder.

OP
S

Sieniek

You may want to find a way to match the volume of the mids/highs with the sub-bass with some kind of independent volume controller. I think 500watts is plenty, considering the speakers sensitively, but you may want louder.
Thank you for your reply.

Top Bottom