• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Susvara vs HE1000se (vs Stealth)

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
SE is more airy, wide, and relaxed.
HE-1000 Stealth is more punchy, edgy, and dynamic.

Best of two worlds: HE6SE

Susvara has these too in spades, still surprised you didn't like it. My 4 watt KT88 Triode strapped SET amp drives Susvara fine with plenty of headroom, dynamics and that holographic imaging and beautiful tonality. Susvara edges out the Expanse, Utopia and Stealth in my preferences, trades blows with Stax SR X9000 and only the Sennheiser HE-1 beats it in my subjective preferences.

Relative to Arya Organic (Arya V4), Susvara still edges it out across the board but the gap is getting a lot closer than ever

GetAttachmentThumbnail
thumbnail_IMG_8788.jpg

Last edited:

jody2k

Susvara has these too in spades, still surprised you didn't like it. My 4 watt KT88 Triode strapped SET amp drives Susvara fine with plenty of headroom, dynamics and that holographic imaging and beautiful tonality. Susvara edges out the Expanse, Utopia and Stealth in my preferences, trades blows with Stax SR X9000 and only the Sennheiser HE-1 beats it in my subjective preferences.

Relative to Arya Organic (Arya V4), Susvara still edges it out across the board but the gap is getting a lot closer than ever

GetAttachmentThumbnail
View attachment 316480
Does that mean the Arganic is on same level of the HE1000SE? Or is there still a difference? Did you happen to compare these 2?

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There’s still a difference but mostly imaging within the soundstage and tonality. Arya Organic leans towards mild V-shaped tonality while HE1000SE is more neutral below 500HZ. Arya sounds wide all the time with less front to back depth while HE1000SE has better depth perception along with wide soundstage. I’d say Arya gets to about 95% HE1000SE and 90% Susvara IMHO

Top Bottom