• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

suggestion for a dedicated Linux distribution for music listening that works with a touchscreen

mrjayviper

as above.

preferably free or inexpensive (1-time fee of < $20 USD)

direwolf08

MoodeAudio or LMS on your server with PiCorePlayer on the RPi target playback device. Volumio is also out there but is not free and I would not recommend it.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I believe Dietpi supports touch screen.

OP
M

mrjayviper

MoodeAudio or LMS on your server with PiCorePlayer on the RPi target playback device. Volumio is also out there but is not free and I would not recommend it.
Unsure what you meant my target device but when I used moode (RPi -> DAC -> head amp), I never have to install anything else. I was controlling moode on my browser.

jbattman1016

An old cellphone connected to a locally hosted music server (jellyfin or roon)?

radix

Major Contributor
MoodeAudio definitely works with the RPi "official" touchscreen, which is OK but not that attractive. I've seen articles on using an HDMI touchscreen with MoodeAudio, but never tried it.

Last edited:

direwolf08

Unsure what you meant my target device but when I used moode (RPi -> DAC -> head amp), I never have to install anything else. I was controlling moode on my browser.

'Target device' refers to the LMS server with RPi as the target playback device, not MoodeAudio. For instance, in my house, I have LMS installed on my Mac mini server where I store my music library, and Wiim Mini's throughout my house are the target playback devices (via UPnP).

Agreed that 'target device' doesn't really mean anything when talking about Moode installs.

Top Bottom