• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer suggestions

herculepirate

Do you have any suggestions for a streamer.
Streamer that does TIDAL, SPOTIFY, ROON (Possibly) and Squeezelite (only because I can cast from iPeng) for the music from my Logitech Media Server.
Open to suggestions on other Audio Server Softwares...
Wanna stay within $500 or so...

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Raspberry Pi with RopieeXL wont do Spotify, but should cover the rest.

Cambridge Audio will do all but Squeezelite.

ctbarker32

$15 and some sweat equity will get you there with the Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W. Use left over funds to buy or upgrade to a SOTA DAC and your are done. See video for details.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone able to get a Pi these days? I was going to try out a pi Zero 2 W in a Ropiee streamer but they are priced like graphics processors, relatively ($70+)

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
If you can't find a Pi there's always the use thin client or old PC option - install daphile and set it to use your existing LMS instance rather than the included one. It'll start a squeezelite instance for each audio output it finds, and you can enable brutefir in the advanced settings if you want to do room correction. The last thin client I picked up was <£20. Volumio also has a PC version if you want to try something different, but you might need to be careful about the size of the internal flash drive as thin client ones are typically small. Some have space inside for SATA drives, or can take an M2 drive with an adapter.

mudy

iFi stream, bluesound node or buy chromecast audio on eBay. I use raspberry pi with ropieee but it doesn’t support tidal connect only through roon.

OP
H

herculepirate

@mudy
iFi Zen Stream, seems a great option.
Wonder if it can play networked audio from an LMS

Last edited:

mudy

@mudy
iFi Zen Stream, seems a great option.
Wonder if it can play networked audio from an LMS
I don’t have this device, but from its description I guess not. There is a free program for bridging from LMS to UPnP, it might work though.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Old thread, but WiiM Pro now is Roon Ready and expecting a beta firmware this week with a Squeezelite client, PEQ, and Airplay/Sonos casting…

Top Bottom