• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer connection on Genelec 8361

OP
P

PatriceA

You are right, the 8m limit is mentioned, but also:
To use Genelec Digital monitors with S/PDIF input signals, best method is to use impedance matching converters (available for example from Neutrik) and short cable lengths because the S/PDIF link is not designed to travel long distances. The Neutrik converter takes care of the fact that the terminating impedance of S/PDIF is 75 ohms and that of AES/EBU is 110 ohms. This is the most robust solution to connect our SAM-monitors directly to S/PDIF.
For less than 50€, this my personal choice.
Good day to you too.

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
Used ROON for volume control over the last years cause I did not like the wireless remote I bought with the GLM kit. Ordered the wired volume control this week, and wow, it is lovely. Highly recommended and the best way to control volume, according to Genelec (apart from their monitor controller, that is).

OP
P

PatriceA

Used ROON for volume control over the last years cause I did not like the wireless remote I bought with the GLM kit. Ordered the wired volume control this week, and wow, it is lovely. Highly recommended and the best way to control volume, according to Genelec (apart from their monitor controller, that is).
Hello,
Could you please elaborate on why you didn't like the wireless remote? I am ordering one but I could still backtrack. I will also be using Roon (on WiiM Ultra digital coax out). I intend to set the WiiM streamer on fixed output. In such case, will the Roon volume control be active? Wouldn't it be enough?

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
Could you please elaborate on why you didn't like the wireless remote?
I missed the volume knob feeling. That simple. It works pretty well.

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
How long is the cable?
1.8m. Ordered an extension and will probably replace original cable. Eight Euros plus some soldering.

Top Bottom