• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SR8015 vs A6A at same price...?

rana_kirti

Hi,

Usage: Movies/Music 50/50

not a gamer, don't need hdmi 2.1
neither has Dirac so that doesn't matter.

existing speakers 5.1 PSB Image + 2 Pairs of Image for overheads Atmos/Auro3D.

no chance to demo where I live, but an order via a dealer.

at same price which is Sonically better ?

Thanks.

JSmith

Master Contributor
at same price which is Sonically better ?
Marantz... measures better anyway;

JSmith

Golfx

Forum Donor
If you read through both of their owners string on AVS, the Marantz has far fewer bugs and glitches.

DrStranger

A6A if its urgent, if not, wait for the Denon X6800h, see the test/review and price. A6A is more bang for the buck imo. Read Gene's test on Audioholics or see it on their youtube channel.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wouldn't expect sonic differences except those brought by specific dsp routines/room eq routines, and with that in mind I'd probably lean towards Marantz/Denon (Denon is usually better priced, at least in the US).

delta76

Major Contributor
I wouldn't expect sonic differences except those brought by specific dsp routines/room eq routines, and with that in mind I'd probably lean towards Marantz/Denon (Denon is usually better priced, at least in the US).
because it is positioned to be. Marantz and Denon is essentially the same except the HDAM in Marantz, and they are positioned to be the more high-end segment. would be stupid of them to have two brands fighting in same price range.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
because it is positioned to be. Marantz and Denon is essentially the same except the HDAM in Marantz, and they are positioned to be the more high-end segment. would be stupid of them to have two brands fighting in same price range.
I look at it more as paying more for for Marantz is somewhat silly, trading on a reputation for a Marantz that hasn't existed for quite a long time. They don't market it quite this way except in the US from my understanding. Positioning isn't the same as being....but I guess it pays off for them.

delta76

Major Contributor
I look at it more as paying more for for Marantz is somewhat silly, trading on a reputation for a Marantz that hasn't existed for quite a long time. They don't market it quite this way except in the US from my understanding. Positioning isn't the same as being....but I guess it pays off for them.
no it's everywhere. in the Europe Marantz is more expensive in same product lines. For example x4800h is currently 1288 EUR cheapest in Germany, while it's 1790 EUR cheapest for Marantz Cinema 40

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
no it's everywhere. in the Europe Marantz is more expensive in same product lines. For example x4800h is currently 1288 EUR cheapest in Germany, while it's 1790 EUR cheapest for Marantz Cinema 40
I've seen some comments on fora from other countries that say they're more equivalently priced, don't know particularly. IIRC an industry guy once posted Denon outsells Marantz 8 to 1, too.

delta76

Major Contributor
I've seen some comments on fora from other countries that say they're more equivalently priced, don't know particularly. IIRC an industry guy once posted Denon outsells Marantz 8 to 1, too.
As i said they are same company. They would be stupid to have their two brands competing with each other instead of onkyo pioneer etc.

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

In US and Canada, the 4800 is $700 to $1000 different. Don't compare sales price as that changes. I have seen when on sale, the SR7013, was cheaper than the AVR-X4500H a few years ago.

In Singapore, one member reported Denon and Marantz prices were about the same, in fact I remember the Cinema 50 $1 cheaper than the AVR-X3800H. In France, I have seen the Cinema 40 only $200 to $300 Euro more expensive, nothing like the ridiculous difference in the US and Canada. In Japan, Denon's top model integrated amps are more expensive than their Marantz counterpart. So, it depends on where the market is, they have different strategies for different markets.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As i said they are same company. They would be stupid to have their two brands competing with each other instead of onkyo pioneer etc.
Yes they've been joined under what, the last three owners now?

Top Bottom