• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker amp with balanced input?

Chet_Jettison

I’m thinking of replacing my active studio monitors with the famous Ls3/5a, which are passive. I currently use a SMSL SU-9 DAC, with balanced XLR to my monitors. I’d like to retain the balanced connection for the Ls3/5a, but I’m not aware of any speaker amplifiers that have balanced XLR inputs. Can anyone recommend one? DIY or kit options acceptable. Monoblocks acceptable. Ideal budget $500 or less.
thanks everyone.

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

levimax

Major Contributor
These look interesting, and the price isn't bad. I don't see anything on the site about balanced inputs though. Am I missing it?
Look under the "features tab". I built the Mod 86 amp and the Neurochrome amps all have a dedicated "THAT" balanced input IC which is the best balanced receiver you can get (much better than most commercial products)

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
These look cool, and the price is right. I'll have to look more closely at that Ghent option. Do I send them the case?

Reach out to Buckeye, all your questions will be answered. Honestly, for the price of the Buckeye, I wouldn't even consider DIY. Unless I just wanted a project.

OP
C

Chet_Jettison

Look under the "features tab". I built the Mod 86 amp and the Neurochrome amps all have a dedicated "THAT" balanced input IC which is the best balanced receiver you can get (much better than most commercial products)
Ah, I see it there! So, are these just the PCBs? Do they come with components, or do I have to source my own components?

Top Bottom