• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SONY PCM-R300 DAC measurements

Saidera

I'm really happy to see folks discussing SBM. I think I looked at SBM Direct in a bit of detail a few years ago, linked to in my description below this post. I guess SBM is a dithering mechanism that has to be used on the final master, and not during the editing process obviously.

formdissolve

Forum Donor
I absolutely love the look of this unit! I never got on the DAT train, but always wanted one. I got on the other Sony hype train: Mini-Disc. I had the original version, the 80min variant, the higher quality ATRAC version, the one that worked with MP3 (and Sony's horrible software), and finally I had the last Mini-Disc format that supported uncompressed WAV at 16bit/44.1 which I absolutely loved. I sold that device many years ago for a lot more than what I paid for it, but wish I still had it.

Thanks @Rja4000 for the wonderful memories and measurements!

Top Bottom