• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Sony Acoustic Surface+ TV speaker Center Mode

zuli

Forum Donor
Hey,
I've a Sony AG7 with the ability to use the TV as a center speaker. My current setup is a Denon X6500 , with L/R KEF R7, a KEF R2c as center channel, 2 surrounds KEF R3, 2 subwoofers KEF Kube12. L/R speakers are driven by 2 PS Audio M700, everything else is connected to the Denon.

This is the R2c:
IMG_5699.PNG

And this is the TV speaker center mode:
IMG_5697.PNG

Audissey has revealed an "out of phase", which I've ignored. Distance is 7.56m vs real 2.62m. Crossover is 100Hz.

Do you have experience/opinions/suggestions on this Sony technology?
Thanks
R

grudi

Hi

I have the same issue with the Sony Centre speaker on the AG9. Audyssey shows me "out of phase" and a distance of 8m vs a real distance of around 3m. Fruthermore I have to raise the trim level for the centre spekaer quiet substantially from -8db to 2db in order to hear the dialogue properly.

I don't know exactly how to handle this.