• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Some nice soldering

Headchef

19FBEA3C-9C4D-4D2D-A5B6-27B48EA0BF9C.jpeg
42F8338E-CB79-44C7-BDED-64F57AF6FFED.jpeg

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I don't see anything out of the ordinary about the soldering?

It's some ridiculous Nordost interconnect?

So, four of the stupid silver wires are connected to the central pin, and the other four to the jacket? Nobody told them what 'coaxial' means?

Last edited:

DonR

Major Contributor
I don't see anything out of the ordinary about the soldering?

It's some ridiculous Nordost interconnect?

So, four of the stupid silver wires are connected to the central pin, and the other four to the jacket? Nobody told them what 'coaxial' means?

$20,000 for 0.6m ... a bargain.

Silver-coated copper... pffttt...

sq225917

Major Contributor
They don't get it from anywhere, Nordost actually draw their own round wire from ingot, on site. They do their own wrap and extrusion too. Not sure about their flat foil stuff, but stuff like Odin, valhalla etc is all 100% made on site from raw materials.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think I'll get mine from Ali Express!
View attachment 187948
Hilarious:) if you are a believer in this voodoo, why would the fake product work ? And why would you want one if you don’t believe ? Is it just the brand , like all the fake handbags ?

This looks like an opportunity buy a dozen of these Ali express ones . Sell them on eBay with a sob story about your dire economical circumstances and you that’s why you only want 4000$ for them ;)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Hilarious:) if you are a believer in this voodoo, why would the fake product work ? And why would you want one if you don’t believe ? Is it just the brand , like all the fake handbags ?
Would one expect fake snake oil to work better or worse than actual snake oil? It is a testable hypothesis.
Also, I would submit that the fake handbags do work. Arguably, they work better than the real thing -- at least if the metric would be cost per use. :)

Top Bottom