• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SOLD: Pair of Tang Band W8-1772 8" "Full Range" Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Selling a pair of Tang Band W8-1772s for $250 OBO + shipping. I bought them a few years ago as part of my (ignorant) entry into "good" audio, but I massively overestimated my cabinet fabrication abilities in a small apartment. They're now sitting in a pair of 8" car subwoofer cabinets (with original protective covers) and I have no real plan to use them nor any desire to continue storing them. Both are in excellent condition aside from some small scratches near a few screw holes.

I don't have the original boxes, but I can ship them in the cabinets as-is (with additional protections) or with any other precautions as suggested.

Pics to come when I get home from work today.

OP
E

Elitzur–Vaidman

Updated with photos. Also dropping the local pickup price to FREE! (Boston Area)
PXL_20230720_001457678.jpg

PXL_20230720_001513945.jpg

PXL_20230720_001533066.jpg

Last edited:
OP
E

Elitzur–Vaidman

Definitely intriguing for free, but where would local pickup be happening?
Sorry, forgot that I didn't include that initially. Unfortunately, I'm in the Boston Area, so a bit far from San Francisco.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
well -- I know how to get to Boston from here. I do it rather more often that I would, left to my own devices.
These drivers have a pretty good reputation.
One is tempted... ;)

Positivevibrations

Interested. Is it possible for you to ship these in a smaller box? I don’t need those cabinets, and don’t want to pay to ship them.

OP
E

Elitzur–Vaidman

I'd be glad to ship them in smaller boxes, but I'd definitely need advice on how to safely ship them.

Positivevibrations

Best to keep the front covers on and wrap each one individually good in bubble wrap. And then find a box that can fit both and put them in there with each cover facing each other. Then stuff any cavities with more bubble wrap so they are in the box tight and can’t move around.

norman bates

Forum Donor
You will have more luck selling those on swap meet on diyaudio.com
Not exactly a full range driver crowd here.......

And it can be an easier se!l saying $300 free shipping.
But you have to go to the post office first so you don't lose a lot by under charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom