• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

So long, too bad about your nice idea.

Mivera

Major Contributor

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Here on this thread... Oh well :rolleyes:

Farewell spazmatron

Are you surprised? Amir has just finished "strongly expressing himself" about the need for professional conduct / language here.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Audio science, not unsupported subjective ramblings. Subjectivists are welcome, but not to say "I hear it therefore it is".
Amir has posted on a number of occasions what is acceptable/unacceptable, however yes, perhaps it could be stated more clearly and go out in the member sign up email.
The only people I wish to exclude are the ones that pointlessly argue and disrupt. Yes I agree with your latter points which is why we have to do something different to every other forum out there. I think we potentially have a very good solution here with OP moderated threads.

The main emphasis is on discussions of audio and other topics of interests (everything cool, fun, happy, and educative/informative, wise, smart, intelligent, and life). :)
The scientific knowledge is from all of us, with @ least 20 years experience on audio forums (about 1% of us all). ;):D
...Folks like Opus, Mike, Ethan, Amir, Wayne, Nyal, John, Tony, Tim, Frank, Bob, ... :D

Just wait...this forum is going to take off like wild fire... :cool: ...And all the bugs they all going to fry in the flames. :D

As for the little no sweat @ all pronounced sense of humor, it's all god good. ...Just few name callings (which have a slightly disrespectful tone) could be toned down a little...I'm sure we all can take care of that. There's a song by someone I can't recall, and it says: "I'm an Adult Now". :)

♦ Seriously though, we're just a baby right now, things are going to get much much much more interesting and enriching, I just smell it already.
For example, read few threads started by Amir...WoW! That, is science man. And he's only one guy...just wait till others and better scientists join in.
I'm getting ready for the Movie section...watch out! It's going to be some' else I tell you that right now.
And the Music section won't be spared either; it never does when you have a bunch of music addicts. :D

Acoustics, sound reproduction, music recordings and movie soundtracks, loudspeakers' dispersion, electromagnets, DACquiris, centrifuge force, speeds of light and sounds, quantum physics, to be or not to be, existentialism, the theory of everything, the science in audio reviews by professional audio reviewers writing for professional audio music studio recording magazines (Chapters and online), the microphones positioning techniques, the wires, the AC current in our homes, the fiber optic cables, the transmission lines and transformers, the capacitors, the impedance, the technical and proprietary values, the all everything that makes music more scientifically in pleasurable evidence, the greater satisfaction of the deeper soul...all that jazz is comin' up to town more powerful than ever. I am totally convinced, and I don't rely on anyone for this, but can only appreciate what everyone is contributing, including me. :)

And if a spring bug is buzzing around my ears, I'll simply move few inches so that she can go buzzing on the next branch moving from the wind coming from the North.

Last edited:

NorthSky

Major Contributor
We need super moderator. It's a disgrace at the moment, it's a insult to amirs hard work. I feel bad for him. What's going on is shameful.

I propose Tom as the first mod attempt. :) ...Or me. :D ...Hey, we can give it a try, no?

Yeah, why not, a new spanner/wrench/banner band for me; I want Tree Moderator written on it...Amir? :)

fas42

Major Contributor
For example, read few threads started by Amir...WoW! That, is science man. And he's only one guy...just wait till other and better scientists join in.
Hey Bob, what are you going on about! We that are here now are the best, already - I would have thought it was pretty obvious, you know ... :)

John Kenny

You guys are seriously having an audio debate in this thread????
No debate from me, AJ was allowed to start a new thread in AG on the same topic as in his posts that Amir deleted here.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Yes, Amir, and to bring it back to the tone and how to moderate it, I hope you've noted precisely where this thread jumped off the rails.
Tim

Tim, don't sweat the small stuff; John Kenny like you has some excellent threads, and besides, I learned from both of you guys exchanges. ...I sincerely do.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Hey Bob, what are you going on about! We that are here now are the best, already - I would have thought it was pretty obvious, you know ... :)

That's exactly what I said Frank; I simply used a different set of words to mean the same thing.
And I certainly don't want to lose Blumlein 88 and his lovely avatar:

vb6U1QNino0.jpg

It's my favorite avatar here with one of my favorite members attached to it...very very very true.

fas42

Major Contributor
And she is ... who?

fas42

Major Contributor

Don Hills

That was for lurking Steve Williams benefit? Or this forums?

I thought it was clear that I was replying to Tom. I can see how I could have made it more clear. Lesson learnt...

Don Hills

The girl in the avatar above, or the girl who had a broken glass? ...If the later, she was one of my French mistresses back then...Claudia.

Do you have a special preference for French mistresses, or are you nationality agnostic when it comes to mistresses?
:)

tomelex

Forum Donor
Where is this rule stated? Having established fairly quickly that this does not (currently) look a reasonable place to publish any writings perhaps my main interest here is "audophile objectivists" and how they see things. I have asked Amir until the comms went down and I am currently asking Ethan. Am I trolling because I am interested in the poster or am I talking around the introduced subject?

Well, this is a science based forum, WBF is overflowing with specimens to study in the objectivist camp. Let me tell you, one of them, once I was talking about two hypothetical pre-amps, in a thread about the bias of cost, and this guy (who is now an amateur reviewer) said the more expensive one would sound best!!??

That the type of stuff you want to study, then you will not see much of it here IMO. Amir has made some sort of rules and statements, but when I first joined the rules were well, pretty basic, not too sure what they all are myself but given that I discuss the post and not the poster I think I have it covered.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Do you have a special preference for French mistresses, or are you nationality agnostic when it comes to mistresses?
:)

I was just @ the right place @ the right time...Quebec province...abso!utely coincidental; she could have been German and that wouldn't have made any difference as what she said regarding her ten Costco cents broken glass. :)

* Tom, speaking of WBF, I view audiosciencereview forum as a logical extension; like a small community, with separate rooms. The separate space is there, and the communion as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom