• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

So basically all daps are worthless shit?

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
It was always until I found this thread. Now I'm saving the most interesting samples on the off-chance that they're worth something.

And let me anticipate your next question... "interesting" describes anything out of the normal.

Maybe you should get more fiber or some probiotics.

Eww.

Robin L

Master Contributor

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Since moving to the bucolic countryside, I miss the homeless street smell of San Francisco.

Especially on a hot day.
Reminds me of the stairwell I used to walk up to play at a snooker club in Plymouth when I was at college, the aroma certainly woke you up ...

Still nothing beats downtown LA in terms of street spice and hastily dodging man deposits ha ha

zelig

Forum Donor
Reminds me of the stairwell I used to walk up to play at a snooker club in Plymouth when I was at college, the aroma certainly woke you up.
You were lucky it was only the stairs. In my day it was the snooker room too. Mind you, the perpetual thick cloud of cigarette smoke helped numb the senses.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm more interested in content than headlines , I will go about understanding humans and the way they behave online . It's of no consequence to me what definition or headline that comes under.

Maybe it's just me, but I find I often get a more precise understanding of research--whether it be behavioral science, physics, marketing, etc---when I understand the terms as they are being used by the writer.

wijnands

The truth is that a 20-50 usd dongle and a cell phone is hard to beat.
Bit late perhaps but I'm asking anyway. Because right now I'm actually looking for either a new DAP or something I can connect to my phone that can drive my 250 ohm DT770

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bit late perhaps but I'm asking anyway. Because right now I'm actually looking for either a new DAP or something I can connect to my phone that can drive my 250 ohm DT770
Check out the headphone amplifier index for the "dongles" or usb stick style dac/amps you can read amir's review of it's power and headphone driving capabilities.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Try the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro dongle. If you are in the US, Amazon has it for $40 plus free returns, so free return shipping if it doesn't work for you

https://www.amazon.com/TempoTec-Sonata-HD-PRO-Android/dp/B084YX4MZD/

It is the same unit as the HIDISZ S8, but in a different enclosure with different branding

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...dizs-s8-usb-c-headphone-adapter-review.10823/

If it doesn't have enough power, I suspect you'll need to get a portable DAC/amp that has its own battery power.

wijnands

Not in Europe and the local amazon branches don't sell it but it looks good, thanks! Would be nice if it actually works with my usb-c on my moto g6 but that requires a bit of a google I suppose.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And then there are people like me who are frequently no where near a cell phone signal. But I can usually get 36 channels of over the air HD TV.

Ivanovich

Forum Donor
I’d say a new phone that has better dac performance for driving your phones, or a combo dac/headphone amp is what you need. A dongle can’t produce more drive current than the phone. Otherwise, maybe a DAP, if that works for you.

wijnands

Looking at topping now, apparently a ton of power in a cheap little package

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
micro SD card storage for smartphones now goes up to 2TB. Why in Cthulu's name does anyone need a dedicated DAP?
Because they are there. And ever so much more special than a £30 dongle stuck into your phone.
I jest of course. I'm the mug that bought DAPs and now realise I've totally wasted my money.

Top Bottom