• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Hello community!
Does it still going strong in 20024? Wanna upgrade my old SMSL M3, that i use with Android phone to listen flacs via vintage amp and speakers, also through small Xduoo 602 HP amp.
Looking at this SMSL SU-8 and SU-1. Will be there a noticeable difference / worthy upgrade? And which one is definitely a better choice?

Why not the SMSL M300-SE?

Price is very low, XLR outputs (and RCA) and also 2 headphones output, better screen than the SU8, a button for volume and settings, Bt...

Loftrocket

Why not the SMSL M300-SE?

Price is very low, XLR outputs (and RCA) and also 2 headphones output, better screen than the SU8, a button for volume and settings, Bt...
Well, i'll take a look at it too! Thanks.

Loftrocket

Exactly, maybe you'll notice an improvement by upgrading other components like Amplifiers or Headphones
At this moment i need just slight upgrade to my current setup. After big repairing of my future living place there will be different toys. Well, i guess i'll try one, 80 Euri is not that money to regret. And it's Amazon, i can return it. :)
Is SU-1 the best sounding device in this price range?

Last edited:

JRG123

At this moment i need just slight upgrade to my current setup. After big repairing of my future living place there will be different toys. Well, i guess i'll try one, 80 Euri is not that money to regret. And it's Amazon, i can return it. :)
Is SU-1 the best sounding device in this price range?
SU-1 is a DAC with excelent measurements and you'd probably won't need to buy a DAC anymore, for that price is a steal. But like I implied before, I don't think DAC's sound different, SU-1 and SU-8 are both transparent enough and with great features, you just need to look for the ones you really need :)

Top Bottom