• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU-6 Review (Desktop DAC)

Nick_L

Forum Donor
Hi, I have a question and maybe on of you guys know.

I've bought the SMSL SU-6 half a year ago, and been using it very happily!!
Thing is, the screen automatically shuts of (DAC still works) after a couple of seconds after turning it on/changing channels.
Didn't do this when I first got it, is this just a setting or normal behaviour? Does anyone else have this experience?

Thanks in advance, and sound wise it works very well with my DT770 so still happy!
Just press FN and it will activate the display without going dark after some seconds... Another press will switch back to the former behaviour.

prnkd_plsv

Just press FN and it will activate the display without going dark after some seconds... Another press will switch back to the former behaviour.
Thanks for the tip, guess I'll have to buy some battery's never used the remote haha!

pieterv1

I knew this was a feature, but couldn't find it in the manual ;)

Any people using the DAC over USB from a Mac btw? My Apple Silicon M1 Pro 14-inch (latest macOS version Sonoma) has a hard time detecting the SU-6. I've tried various USB C to C cables, all verified to work for data transfer and not just charging.

No issues with my girlfriend's 2017 Intel MacBook Air (patched to run Sonoma as well).

prnkd_plsv

Just tested this, worked! Had to buy batteries just to switch it back haha! Anways, many many thanks!!

TNT

yeah you can change brightness and screen timeout.
I have two SU-6. On one, the screen times out but not on the other... strange...

Is there a setting I wonder... ?

//

Top Bottom