• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SD 9 or IFI ZEN STREAM

Hoinar

Hi.
Please tell me how I can listen to music from youtube via ifi stream..from an android phone?
Is there any possibility? Thank you.

Bernard23

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Are there any other alternatives to the ZS or the bluesound, at sensible prices, bearing in mind I think the Node is overpriced at £550+ I just want to add a network player to replace an old Gen 1 Sonos connect, as I'm missing out on some of the hi-res 24 bit tracks. Roon compatible as this is the initial option to carry out some room correction, might add a physical box like a minidsp later down the line perhaps. I don't want another DAC in the chain, the one in my amp is adequate

Booker

Forum Donor

PGAMiami

I just replaced a 3-4 box audiophile solution (Audio Alchemy DMP1 and PS5 LPS, an Apple Airport for wireless Ethernet and a Berkeley Alpha USB) with the little iFi Zen Stream. Couldn’t be happier with the iFi Roon endpoint connected via USB to the RME ADI-2 DAC. Flawless as far as I can tell. I tried using an iPod as the endpoint, it works and even connects at 7xxkHz sampling rates, iFi limited 3xxkHz, but it is not stable, looks clunky with the camera adapter, etc. Also, maybe placebo, but the iFi just sounds great. And it works like a toaster once it’s set up. It just works.

Last edited:

HNK23

I came to the same conclusion with an SMSL SD9 and returned it to the dealer. Lots of dropouts, clicks and bangs (even with LAN) that I thought would destroy my speakers. Since then am using an iFi Zen streamer with total success, and really easy to set up and use.
I have had the SD-9 for a few months now and I am satisfied. Sound-wise it's brilliant and I can also run it with the Windows subsystem via Amazon App-Store with the app BubbleUPNP, which works really well, besides BubbleUPNP for Android phones and mconnect for IOS.

HNK23

I posted earlier that I have had the SD-9 for a few months and am very satisfied. Besides the SD-9, I also have the Silent Angel Munich M1t. I decided to buy the Munich and not a Volumio primo, although the Primo is absolutely great. I have tried many streaming players, the IFI was one of them and I found it very good, many others, on the other hand, were mostly poor in sound or lifeless.

Booker

Forum Donor
I just replaced a 3-4 box audiophile solution (Audio Alchemy DMP1 and PS5 LPS, an Apple Airport for wireless Ethernet and a Berkeley Alpha USB) with the little iFi Zen Stream. Couldn’t be happier with the iFi Roon endpoint connected via USB to the RME ADI-2 DAC. Flawless as far as I can tell. I tried using an iPod as the endpoint, it works and even connects at 7xxkHz sampling rates, iFi limited 3xxkHz, but it is not stable, looks clunky with the camera adapter, etc. Also, maybe placebo, but the iFi just sounds great. And it works like a toaster once it’s set up. It just works.
I had some problems connecting the RME ADI-2 DAC. But when everything is connected and working, there are no problems in day-to-day operations.

Top Bottom