• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Singxer SDA-2 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review

Migel83

Hi,
So I looked at mine again.
I switched off the device at the back of the counter last night.
So he was cold when switching on.
When I switched it on I really heard a slight hum, but I really had to listen to the device.
So far I don't hear anything.
I waited for two minutes to see what I was doing and there is nothing.
When I go to the device with my ear, this buzzing is gone.
So it seems that he buzzes briefly when he draws electricity.

The 6.3 jack on the device works fine for me.
I got my headphones straight in when the device was still cold and I can't hear anything and don't notice any distortion anymore, which I noticed at the beginning.
I also have the overall volume on the PC at 100 again.
So there is everything good.

My device is connected to the PC via USB and has an audio quest power cord connected to the device, which in turn hangs on my power strip from Taga Hormony Pf 1000, as well as the PC and monitor and my Ps 4.

So I guess what is wrong with you.
Also check everything at home sometimes. You may have unconsciously inserted the power plug against the phase.
If you still have problems then contact Clear components, I assume you sold it to them because you are the only one in Germany and I also come from there.
As such, they are straightforward.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not sure it's this ground loop, to be honest, I hear the buzzing even if I just plug it into the wall directly without any source at all. But the unit itself buzzez very quietly (but it's still audible if you're 20cm away in a silent room, although i'm super sensitive here).

Actually, you really mean plug the source and the amp into the same socket?? I thought it should be the other way round... I'm too bad of a physician :-D

So, yeah in any case it's the single ended headphone output which buzzes. I don't hear anything over my monitors when I use it as a preamp and I don't hear anything over headphones via xlr. And it's actually the same kind of buzz which the unit itself produces (although it's very quiet but it's not completely silent as I have it right under my monitor).
If it's buzzing while just sitting there and with no input even connected to it then I would return it.

Migel83

Humming buzz can also have other causes. It doesn't have to be because of the device itself.
If you have a power strip where electricity draws well and then connects something like that, it can be enough.
Other causes can also be cables from China, which has the supplied one shot away.
If you send it in to check and everything is okay, the cause may be somewhere in the household.
Then it helps to reconnect devices to another socket,
Replace socket and old power strip.
Quietly at the socket, if possible, disconnect and re-strip the contacts, and of course deactivate the fuse from the room beforehand.
Sometimes something was also loosened during shipping, such as securing the device, cables etc. that would still be possible, but then it must be sent in and also excluded from the dealer.
I would have had everything already. Internet was not the socket was corrupted, flickering on the monitor burn the power strip or Or great at the socket N conductor with another swapped and I'm looking for a wolf, buy things and everything.
In the end the shit socket because the previous tenant was a very clever one.
Clearly oxidation cannot be ruled out 100%, that is why the device gives what it is. I don't want to talk nicely.

WadDad

Thanks Amirm.

Tell me what version of the DAC you had in testing ?

Note:
Standard version: SDA-2A, USB part of the clock using the United States ACCUSILICON femtosecond crystal oscillator AS318, with rubber feet;
Advanced version: SDA-2C, USB part of the clock uses the US Crystek femtosecond crystal oscillator CCHD-575, with solid aluminum pad;
I didn't like any misconceptions. This statement is a myth. I've got an official answer for this question:
capture-20200623-010214.png

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I didn't like any misconceptions. This statement is a myth. I've got an official answer for this question:
View attachment 70230
Can you explain what you are saying is a myth? The email seems to confirm there are at least two versions and the C is the "high version", but no explanation from you of what that means.

Migel83

There are the normal version and the advance version with improved usb port where it is recommended if, for example, you only connect it to the pc.
The USB port on the device is galvanically isolated in the Advance version, so even less jitter and other faults that can occur through the USB port are completely eliminated.
I would even suggest that if you buy the standard version and connect it with an interface via I2S, the C version is not necessary at all.
But it is still a nice to have than not to be had, and maybe even better later if you decide to sell it, which is certainly very rare.
Because the Sda2 is also a weapon in terms of sound.
I have heard it for a week now and well over 50 hours. I do not need an equalizer, nor any frills.
Connect, install the driver, lean back and enjoy foobar if necessary.
In terms of sound, he is very, very good in resolution, authentic, and the vocals are clear and clear. The backdrop, instrumental rallies are really excellent.
You have to search for the money he spits out. A lot of audio for the money.
So musically, he also does something to the Rme and not to hide in the higher class, if you also look at it audiophile.

AlexU

Hey!
I faced exactly the same problem with my singxer sda 2c.
The same noise in headphones with an unbalanced connection. The seller recommends connecting according to a balanced scheme. But not sure if this will help.
It hums with disconnected cables and grounding does not help it.
Slightly less on the AES input.

Migel83

Hey!
I faced exactly the same problem with my singxer sda 2c.
The same noise in headphones with an unbalanced connection. The seller recommends connecting according to a balanced scheme. But not sure if this will help.
It hums with disconnected cables and grounding does not help it.
Slightly less on the AES input.

When your device is new give him a little time.I have no issue with him after 8 Month.
When you have it after 20-30 h check your cable connection,change the power stripes.

AlexU

Migel, agrees that he needs to work.
It was worse at first.
But now it's about 40 hours and so far no change.
Through balanced output, noise can be said no.
What kind of power cable are you talking about?
Can you provide a link or photo?

Migel83

Migel, agrees that he needs to work.
It was worse at first.
But now it's about 40 hours and so far no change.
Through balanced output, noise can be said no.
What kind of power cable are you talking about?
Can you provide a link or photo?

I told you to check your wiring.
At most, plug the PC, monitor and Dac into a power strip.
Unplug printers, chargers and so on when you don't need them.
And possibly operate them via another socket.

Never operate everything on the power strip unless it is designed for this purpose.
As a rule, you can operate a maximum of 2000 watts.
If the power supply unit on your PC draws 800-900 watts, plus the monitor, you are already at just under 1000 watts.
And then the rest, you are quickly at 1800-1900 or more.

Privately, I use the Taga Harmony Pf 2000 as a mains filter strip, but I can't say whether that improves the situation.
A lot depends on the house, old or new wiring, big city or village. Big house like apartment complex or small house community.

Earthing of the PC or not.
Usually an ifi purifer is supposed to help for the usb port.if the pc is not earthed.
But this is all vague.

As a rule, noise is usually simple connection errors in the cabling. Mostly even in the whole flat, which then cause something like this.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

AlexU

Understood what it was about.
No, it won't work.
I included only DAC and only headphones, no sources or other cables.
The power was supplied from a UPS unit with a correct sine wave.
It didn't change anything.
I don't use a computer.
BBB only, by Pavel Pogodin

Top Bottom