• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Sight Un-Heard

Sal1950

Major Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
I
Going to run up to road a few hours drive to check it out. Maybe I will be in bliss of some old Rush tracks soon. Now what about all this stuff in External DAC's and Transport devices like Blu Rays etc...? I suppose this is another space to dive into this site on - sweet!
Forget about external DAC's, the one built into the Integra 80.3 will handle all those needs just fine.

If you don't already have one, you will need a BluRay player for movies and 5.1 music albums.
When your ready, get the Sony UBPX800 or 80 series. It will play all the multich disc sources you might be interested in like SACD or DVD-A. They run about $200. Most of the other brands don't play these discs except Oppo, which no longer makes them and used prices are way too high.

BigVU's

Patreon Donor
Ok waiting to hear back from this person. Sounds like this may be a budget friendly step into HT-Separates for Audio and Movies. Cool. Though I am scared. Like what if I pick them up and bring them back and they don't work. I will be scarred for ever! Ok Ok so I am out 1200 bucks and maybe get some parts resale to soothe the wound. The thing apparently weighs 130lbs? What1?? Why? Does it make it any better than one that is 50lbs? I mean really?

There is a Maratnz AV7005 for decent price I have been looking at as well. About the same time frame as the Integra 80.3. And there are the MM7055's out there and in combo comes to roughly the same budget...

Or I just go with an AV8802 all in splurge. UGG!!!

BDWoody

Ok waiting to hear back from this person. Sounds like this may be a budget friendly step into HT-Separates for Audio and Movies. Cool. Though I am scared. Like what if I pick them up and bring them back and they don't work. I will be scarred for ever! Ok Ok so I am out 1200 bucks and maybe get some parts resale to soothe the wound. The thing apparently weighs 130lbs? What1?? Why? Does it make it any better than one that is 50lbs? I mean really?

There is a Maratnz AV7005 for decent price I have been looking at as well. About the same time frame as the Integra 80.3. And there are the MM7055's out there and in combo comes to roughly the same budget...

Or I just go with an AV8802 all in splurge. UGG!!!
I told you that Proceed was a heavy box...;)
What it likely means in reality is that you are not likely to lack for power when you are pushing a few channels hard.
It's a good deal...don't stress.

BigVU's

Patreon Donor
Update: not that any one would care about these things unless you are like me scratching hifi with no budget. This deal with the proceed 5 and integra didn't happen. Eh well not sure lugging a 130lbs amp around would be for me anyway. Ha. So back to the search.

I did however pick up and old Panasonic 3500 DAT machine sight unheard. It arrived the other day and it works!!! Dug out those old studio mixes and teleported back in time.

I did find a sony ubpx800 for decent price. I hope it will work as well. People are very found of their 105 and 203 or 205 Oppos. So had to move on from that and get back to looking for pre/pros. Now for that pr cd recorder....

And ESSLabs is doing a flashback of the AMT1's - outside of my budget but there are some older versions out there. ugg the risk of rolling vintage equipment into the modern.

The dude at the hifi shop - if that's what we call them these days - said the biggest sound quality improvement in a system is the power conditioner and the speaker cables... well that's when I knew I wasn't in Kansas anymore. Yilkes

Top Bottom