• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sigberg Audio Saranna (fullrange, cardioid active floorstander) development thread

poopy

Mantas at Surround and Rear? :p
Thorbjorn has never shown what’s behind his sofa…. :p
I know that Sigberg Audio has some stock B pairs of Mantas with reduced prices…. a good opportunity to buy a pair for the surrounds! :cool:

@sigbergaudio Have you tried Mantas in a L/C/R setup? Would it work? I believe the SBS1 could be used as surround/rear speakers.

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Thorbjorn has never shown what’s behind his sofa…. :p
I know that Sigberg Audio has some stock B pairs of Mantas with reduced prices…. a good opportunity to buy a pair for the surrounds! :cool:

@sigbergaudio Have you tried Mantas in a L/C/R setup? Would it work? I believe the SBS1 could be used as surround/rear speakers.

I have not tried that, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work. I simply don't have the space to do something like that. I have also actually gone from 5.1 to 2.1 in my own main living room because the wide soundstage / imaging qualities of the speakers works so well with movies that I don't really feel I'm missing much. Sounds like a made up sales pitch I guess, but it's true. :) I have a friend with SBS.1 and dual Inkognitos here in Norway who did the same and had the same experience. :)

That being said, I encourage anyone to buy 5-7 SBS.1 or Mantas to test it out, I'm sure it's awesome! :D Having Mantas as LR or LCR and SBS.1 for the rest would likely work very well too.

OP
sigbergaudio

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
On a related topic: One of my early memories with the SBS.1 prototype was watching "The accountant". That movie has a pretty well designed sound track and high dynamic range, and at least the version I watched was also mastered significantly louder than most movies. Early in the movie everything is pretty soft and low key, and I had the volume turned up very high because it was during testing of the prototype. Having never watched the movie either, the first time he fired a shot I both almost ducked behind the sofa because I believed *I* was the one taking fire, and also my ears literally hurt afterwards.

So even with the "entry level" SBS.1, the dynamic range and maximum SPL capacity is very well suited for movies. :)

Top Bottom