• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sigberg Audio @ Purité Audio London

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

MKR

Major Contributor
I'm afraid that, if they do, they won't be any cheaper than Kii3 + BXT... This is the price range of 8351b + W371a. That's hard competition....
My suspicion is D&D will do just fine at this level of competition … but yes, cost will most certainly increase above the 8C

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Sigberg Audio at Purité Audio London.
Thorbjørn Sigberg’s super dual cardioid four way, full range active loudspeakers available for evaluation at Purité Audio London.
All the Sigberg designs are four way designs, they must be used with a subwoofer, sub integration is pre-configured so you just have to connect the mains and sub/subs together.
The advantage of course is that the main speakers don’t have to reproduce the bass frequencies and the dedicated 12” mid bass driver in the Mantas ( 5. 5” mid bass in the SBS.1) add real punch and weight to the important lower mid/upper bass region of the FR.
The Mantas and SBS.1 designs offer an incredibly wide and deep soundstage and the cardioid FR ( which allows you to hear from direct sound) really separates elements of the recording allowing the vocal for instance to exist in its own ‘space’.
https://www.sigbergaudio.no
Keith

Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Sigberg Audio at Purité Audio London.
We have both the Sigberg Mantas and SBS.1 here on permanent demonstration with either the Sigberg D10 or Inkognito subwoofers.
Sigberg Audio ‘Mantas’ four way, dual cardioid active loudspeakers with built in parametric EQ, 124dB at 1 metre continuous, they are without constraint.
SBS.1 next to D&D8Cs the SBS are small but powerful!

Keith

Purité Audio London.
https://www.puriteaudio.co.uk

Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Alongside the Sigberg ‘Mantas’ we also have the Sigberg SBS.1 active monitors, these are really quite diminutive, another four way design with a coaxial mid/treble and dedicated mid bass driver 5.5”. I have the SBS.1s paired here with Sigberg’s ‘inkognito’ pizza box subwoofers which because of their versatility and ‘pizza box’ dimensions can be placed almost anywhere.
Everything is pre-configured so you just plug and play.
Full range sound with built in peq should the bass tension excite the room.
https://www.sigbergaudio.no/products/sigberg-audio-sbs-1-aktive-hoyttalere
Keith

Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You are absolutely correct 3.5 way with subs, coax 5.5” mid treble 5.5 mid bass and sub/subs.
  • Frequency response with Sigberg Audio subwoofers:
    26-20,000hz +/-2dB
    20-20,000hz (typical in-room response)
  • Distortion and noise:
    <1% THD @96dB/1m (per speaker)
    Internal hiss/noise inaudible at >30cm / 1 ft.
  • Max SPL@1m (CTA-2034-A weighted pink noise):
    116dB (per speaker)
  • Recommended listening distance:
    1-6 meters (3-20 feet)
  • Type
    2.5-way (3.5-way with sub)
    Asymmetric 1st/3rd order linear phase crossover
    Sealed cabinet
  • Drivers / Amplifier:
    Two 5.5" midbass, 1" silk dome tweeter.
    Active 3-channel Hypex nCore class D amplifier with DSP (350W per speaker)
  • Equalizer / Room correction:
    Manual EQ, 9-band parametric
    Factory Presets: +0dB, +2dB, -2dB Treble tilt
  • Inputs:
    Analog: RCA, XLR balanced (in/through)
    Digital: Optical, Coaxial/SPDIF (in/through), AES (in/through)
  • Latency / processing time:
    0.35ms (Analog inputs) / 1.8ms (digital inputs)
  • Dimensions (WHD):
    190x410x230 mm
  • Additional info:
    Automatic signal detection
    Standby consumption: <0.5W
  • Accessories:
    Power cable (EU/US), USB-cable, magnetic detachable grilles
  • Weight:
    9.5kg / speaker
  • Placement:
    Speaker stand / Bookshelf
    Recommended distance from wall: 10-50 cm

OutlandAsh

Not sure this is an appropriate place to do it, but just wanted to say thanks to Keith for his hospitality while auditioning the Mantas and the 8C side by side.

The 8Cs were good, the Manta's spectacular. From my perspective, it is good to find a relatively affordable product where I would have no hesitation nor reservations purchasing. Hoping to pull the trigger relatively soon after many years of procrastination over the fear of buyer's remorse. The light is at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks again Keith and congrats @sigbergaudio for a wonderful product.

Ash

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Not sure this is an appropriate place to do it, but just wanted to say thanks to Keith for his hospitality while auditioning the Mantas and the 8C side by side.

The 8Cs were good, the Manta's spectacular. From my perspective, it is good to find a relatively affordable product where I would have no hesitation nor reservations purchasing. Hoping to pull the trigger relatively soon after many years of procrastination over the fear of buyer's remorse. The light is at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks again Keith and congrats @sigbergaudio for a wonderful product.

Ash

Thank you for your kind words, it is very rewarding when people appreciate the qualities that is a result of much hard work!

I look forward to hearing from you - and have you decided on color? :D

1713435777692.png

OutlandAsh

Thank you for your kind words, it is very rewarding when people appreciate the qualities that is a result of much hard work!

I look forward to hearing from you - and have you decided on color? :D

View attachment 364426
I like the white - but am entirely unsure. I will probably go for a dual sub set up in what I describe as a relatively large room. , so I need to make decisions around those as well.

Despite my liking the white, I am thinking that two white subs in the front corners make most sense (making them less visually impactful) - and then the mains in black. White mains might make things look a little washed-out. The room is predominantly white - and I will have a big(ger) flat screen (in black) on the wall between them. Another reason why I am leaning towards black.

I also have some questions about the sub implementation, but I have no desire to monopolize Keith's thread. Not knowing this forum too well - where is the best place to ask those questions? Happy to do it in public because I am happy to be challenged on my pre-conceptions.

@sigbergaudio TIming-wise - I am thinking 6-8 weeks before I pull the trigger. I am waiting on what I hope to be significant personal news (that has a bearing on my decision) - 1st June is the approx timing of that.

Ash

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I like the white - but am entirely unsure. I will probably go for a dual sub set up in what I describe as a relatively large room. , so I need to make decisions around those as well.

Despite my liking the white, I am thinking that two white subs in the front corners make most sense (making them less visually impactful) - and then the mains in black. White mains might make things look a little washed-out. The room is predominantly white - and I will have a big(ger) flat screen (in black) on the wall between them. Another reason why I am leaning towards black.

I also have some questions about the sub implementation, but I have no desire to monopolize Keith's thread. Not knowing this forum too well - where is the best place to ask those questions? Happy to do it in public because I am happy to be challenged on my pre-conceptions.

@sigbergaudio TIming-wise - I am thinking 6-8 weeks before I pull the trigger. I am waiting on what I hope to be significant personal news (that has a bearing on my decision) - 1st June is the approx timing of that.

Ash

Hi, okey dokey. :)

If the questions are completely generic I guess you can start a new thread in the "Room acoustics and general speaker" forum.

Sub implementation and integration is a bit special / different with our systems since they're designed for each other - so if it's more specifically about that, you're welcome to ask in the 10D development thread for instance (if those are the subs you are considering). :)

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor

With regards of timing that is of course entirely up to you. The next batch of Manta cabinets will likely arrive around then, so that's good timing from that perspective. The subs are in stock (right now at least). Please do note that orders placed in June may end up being delivered in August, due to a combination of order queue and summer holidays.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I get a retro vibe from the slots in the cabinets.

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I get a retro vibe from the slots in the cabinets.
Yeah, the speaker has a definitive retro vibe to it in real life too. :) The dimensions is relatively similar to the JBL L-100 classic, it's got a big 12" paper cone, and other details too that adds to it.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
We ( Purité Audio London ) have the super Sigberg Mantas and their SBS.1 on permanent demonstration and if you give us a little notice you can compare either or both side by side with any of the other state of the art active loudspeakers we represent.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Jay Iyagi’s video review of thr Sigberg SBS.1

Keith

Top Bottom