• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

The issue with 100% is mostly charging and leaving it charged this way. So charging to 100% and then starting a trip causes no issues. That is how Tesla taxis in Europe charge fast all the time and still get around 200k miles on the batteries. One nice feature on a Tesla is you can program it to get itself to 100% at a set time. So if you know you are leaving tomorrow at 8 am, it will hit 100% just prior to you leaving.

Stopping at 80% with a Tesla when fast charging is simply that the car will slow the charging rate to prevent heat build up. So you can charge to 100%, but it takes more than an extra 10 minutes to do it. Lots more. I also think Tesla on their newer design batteries say it is okay to drop all the way to 10% without hurting the battery. I normally won't drive until I only have 10% gasoline left in the tank so I wouldn't do that in an EV normally.

"Multiple hurdles need to be cleared to achieve widespread EV adoption. Buyers may want to wait for the next technological advance, or have concerns about charging time and charger availability, but in the end, consumer finances – not engineering – lead the current buying resistance to EVs."
Intrest rate hikes have not helped ether

"Multiple hurdles need to be cleared to achieve widespread EV adoption. Buyers may want to wait for the next technological advance, or have concerns about charging time and charger availability, but in the end, consumer finances – not engineering – lead the current buying resistance to EVs."
Interest rate hikes have not helped either
Last week's data was showing that EVs were "sitting in the lots" twice as long as ICE models.
Trucking companies are now trying to motivate technologies that will enable other compounds to stop hoarding their hydrogen atoms.:rolleyes:
I normally won't drive until I only have 10% gasoline left in the tank so I wouldn't do that in an EV normally.
I top off my tank all the time, because they keep telling us that the big one is not an "if" but a "when"... not that roads will be intact to get-away.:(

Anyway, back to real cars.

Here is another that I always had warm feelings for at the time . . .

1970 Barracuda:

cuda.jpeg

Purple? Not just any purple, but Plymouth Purple People Eater Purple. This example is obviously restored and repainted, but the original paint scheme was probably the worst—and I mean the absolute worst—paint job to come out of any Detroit manufacturer. This particular paint color had the the worst habit of peeling right off the car in huge swathes after a few years of exposure to the elements. I never saw any Plymouth with the original paint in this color where the paint was not peeling. Despite that, this model year Barracuda—still to this day—really gets my juices flowing.

Last edited:
Anyway, back to real cars.

Here is another that I always had warm feelings for at the time . . .

1970 Barracuda:

View attachment 327045

Purple? Not just any purple, but Plymouth Purple People Eater Purple. This example is obviously restored and repainted, but the original paint scheme was probably the worst—and I mean the absolute worst—paint job to come out of any Detroit manufacturer. This particular paint color had the the worst habit of peeling right off the car in huge swathes after a few years of exposure to the elements. I never saw any Plymouth with the original paint in this color where the paint was not peeling. Despite that, this model year Barracuda—still to this day—really gets my juices flowing.
Yeah, that is a pretty car. Knew someone with one in that bright lime green they made with a 440 in it. Long time ago so it wasn't that old. Of course I like this, but always thought it was very, very close to the 1969 Camaro in style only 15% larger. Sort of a chubby Camaro.

Sort of a chubby Camaro.

The difference between the GM 'pony' cars—and even their hardtop convertible designs of the time, think Chevelle—and the Chrysler designs, for me anyway, all came down to the design of the rear quarter panels. There was something about the Chrysler designs that was more attractive, more seductive, more like that woman with the alluring curve of flank that catches your eye, that still resonates after all these years.

The difference between the GM 'pony' cars—and even their hardtop convertible designs of the time, think Chevelle—and the Chrysler designs, for me anyway, all came down to the design of the rear quarter panels. There was something about the Chrysler designs that was more attractive, more seductive, more like that woman with the alluring curve of flank that catches your eye, that still resonates after all these years.
I think something of the reverse. The Cuda looks a bit slab sided in comparison to me. Not that either is an ugly car.

1700285025125.png

1700285294866.png

1700285380989.png

The 1969 Camaro was the better looking version of that body style before the 1970 redesign. The changes from the 1968 with the rounded wheel openings—which seemed to be what was lacking in that body—to the 'flatter' wheel openings really made a significant difference in that year.

1968 Camaro:
68camaro.jpeg

this is my mobile wheels picked it up for £1 at old bangers car bargains
401490490_10160976796715149_8873336184763602246_n.jpg

The 1969 Camaro was the better looking version of that body style before the 1970 redesign. The changes from the 1968 with the rounded wheel openings—which seemed to be what was lacking in that body—to the 'flatter' wheel openings really made a significant difference in that year.

1968 Camaro:
View attachment 327084
Yes, I agree. I've owned 3 '67s and a '69. Much of them are the same. Windshield, rear window, and trunk. I think most people thought the 1970 and later was a step backward.

this car can do constant speed of 38,000mph

401833617_10160976796860149_7648160587009856501_n.jpg

Last week's data was showing that EVs were "sitting in the lots" twice as long as ICE models.
Amazing!
I waited a year for mine. A friend got lucky, and managed to get his Audi Q4 e-tron in just 6 months.
The issue wasn't the popularity of EV cars. It was the short supply of "Chips" and batteries, because of wars and rocky Chinese relations, more than anything else.

Very cool, I currently own a 69 S and a 78 SC-R. Past flames, 65 911, 66 911, 67 911S (euro factory rally car), 69S race car, 76 914 2.0, 964 Carrera Cup, 993 Carrera Cup, 993 RSR, 996 GT3 Cup, 997 Grand Am Cup, 997 GT3R Evo, 991.1 GT3R
Very nice. I have a couple others in the garage now (an 07 GT3RS and a 91 C2 hot rod). The RS was my primary track car for about 10 years. I resisted the urge to go racing but did do time trials and lots and lots and lots of track time in the RS and C2. Not too much track time now, a couple times a year to get the urge out. Owned about 25 different Porsches over the years but culled back the herd a bit. Do miss the 914/6 i let go 2 years ago tho… probably the nicest one in the country. UGH.

Heres the C2, just did a 1000 mile back road trip in it. Stupid fun to rip this car around.
IMG_3735.jpeg

Amazing!
I waited a year for mine. A friend got lucky, and managed to get his Audi Q4 e-tron in just 6 months.
The issue wasn't the popularity of EV cars. It was the short supply of "Chips" and batteries, because of wars and rocky Chinese relations, more than anything else.
I've heard few references (at least, in the well-to-do neighborhoods) that those who could afford to do so have traded their leases to jump at EV rebates for going green (win-win). The remainder seem to be either picketing for better wages and/or don't mind driving there current rides, even if clunkers.

Driving my 992 GT3-R :D

I've heard few references (at least, in the well-to-do neighborhoods) that those who could afford to do so have traded their leases to jump at EV rebates for going green (win-win). The remainder seem to be either picketing for better wages and/or don't mind driving there current rides, even if clunkers.
Don't know what you are talking about.
I am in UK, and there are no direct financial incentives for adopting EVs.
Cost of fuel, maintenance, London's Ultra Low Emission rules are some of the reasons.
London is set to fully restrict petrol and diesel only vehicles (not hybrids) in a few years time. Older dirtyer cars are already restricted.
In my case, Asthma, help London air quality, and feel good were added reasons.
Besides, the instant acceleration, helps in tight traffic jams of London.
Not many can catch me :)

Last edited:
Very nice. I have a couple others in the garage now (an 07 GT3RS and a 91 C2 hot rod). The RS was my primary track car for about 10 years. I resisted the urge to go racing but did do time trials and lots and lots and lots of track time in the RS and C2. Not too much track time now, a couple times a year to get the urge out. Owned about 25 different Porsches over the years but culled back the herd a bit. Do miss the 914/6 i let go 2 years ago tho… probably the nicest one in the country. UGH.

Heres the C2, just did a 1000 mile back road trip in it. Stupid fun to rip this car around.View attachment 327511
Very cool. Love RS A! I regret some of the sales. My 356 for example. Not special ugly duckling actually (Notchback) but it was cool.

I have a Q8 ETron which replaced my prior eTron SUV. Massive change in range on the new one. Still I consider it a city car. Lease only for me; cost of the battery pack is very high

Back
Top Bottom