• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Veri

Master Contributor
Unbalance is so sad ㅠㅠ
Balanced can give extra power if needed. Also some better crosstalk.. but SE crosstalk >= 90dB is already good. None of this is an audible concern. As a matter of fact, 'true' balanced will give double inherent noise because of two mono amplifiers. So it's a trade-off. Balanced amp = not a must.

Sensation

SMSL SH-9와 토핑 ex5의 비교 차이에 대해 궁금합니다.

SMSL SH-9가 없습니다.

소리는 어떻게 다른가요?

두 제품이 모두 있습니까?

Sensation

It runs warm not hot. Headphone amp section is always on as it shares supply with DAC section.
The protections are implemented.
Yes overall it's looking normal.

If the power was turned on in a small case, it should have been drilled like this.

If it was perforated, there would be no need to argue over the heat.

Attachments

• dd.JPG
    dd.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 137

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
If the power was turned on in a small case, it should have been drilled like this.

If it was perforated, there would be no need to argue over the heat.
It will have little help. For even more heat generated, take look at A30pro. That's where it's needed. Much more air flow is needed to make a difference.

Sensation

It will have little help. For even more heat generated, take look at A30pro. That's where it's needed. Much more air flow is needed to make a difference.

I want to use the topping ex5 for a long time. I want to use it for about 10 years.

We hope that the heat will not cause any problems with the product.

I'm thinking of drilling a hole in the side.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I want to use the topping ex5 for a long time. I want to use it for about 10 years.

We hope that the heat will not cause any problems with the product.

I'm thinking of drilling a hole in the side.
10 years is a bit too optimistic. I couldn't even imagine what would happen to me in 10 years. It'd be difficult enough to find products with 5 year warranty. RME can be your option.

Sensation

동의하여. [/견적]

I already bought one, do I need to buy another one? If you drilled a hole in the first place, it shouldn't be a problem.

Why doesn't the xlr on the front say in the manual that it's not balanced?

Why didn't the manufacturer state in the manual that there was a fever?

This is something to consider before buying.

This is something to consider before buying.

But are you telling the buyer who bought your product to buy something else?

It's a matter of the manufacturer's mindset.

Last edited:

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
The temperature is normal. Heat dissipation in the components is engineered to be at an acceptable level. Unless you measure it and it shows 45+ on the chassis.

Sensation

Temperature is normal. The thermal emission of components is designed to an acceptable level. It shows 45+ on the chassis unless you measure it.

Ok.
I believe the manufacturer's words and will use it well.

It gives you peace of mind that the manufacturer has made the product heat-resistant.

i wanted this

I wanted to hear this!

good!

[/QUOTE]

xtiva200

Heat on the audio gear is no concern... but heat even at standby mode is a concern.. there seems to be no temperature difference between on and standby mode. which means unit is not really in standby... ...

Krisharley

Has anyone tried to connect the EX5 directly to an iOS device using a USB-B to lightning cable?
Sorry if this has been asked before. Tried to search the forum for an answer, but was unable to find anything on the topic.
USB-B to Lightning.jpg

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

saZi

Yeah, just tried it here, and it worked flawlessly with the Camera Connection Kit on my iPhone.

Attachments

• IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Top Bottom