• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sharp SG-500E (1979) Manual/wiring diagrams. Goodmans Achromat 250 manual

Zimmerframe

Hi I'm a Newby,

Been lurking, reading, concluding, buying ... moving things around lots ...

Wasn't sure where to post this. Was just going through a box of old things and found the original manual and Guarantee card for a Sharp Searcher SG-500E my father bought in 1979 and passed on to me a few years later.

One of these :

I guess it was a bit like a music system crashed into an Apollo and created the SUV of Music Systems.

Big. Heavy and loud ! It did have an infrared remote control which was larger and heavier than my FOSI amp....

I think it was pretty ground breaking in it's day. Automatic speed control. Touch sensitive buttons. Knight Rider/KITT style volume display. Automatic track search on the cassette.

I also have three pages of double sided wiring diagrams.

Sadly, I don't have the unit or the speakers anymore. I went travelling the world in 95 and didn't have anywhere realistic to store them so they were given away. The manuals have been sitting in a box and somehow moved with me most of the time over the last 30 years.

I also have the manual for the Goodmans Achromat 250 speakers.

No idea if any of this is interesting to anyone.

1707648499290.png

The 1 year Guarantee - this has expired ........

1707648526589.png

1707648550183.png

1707648572837.png

1707648598691.png

I think the main memory I have of the unit in connection with my father was when I came home from "Clubbing" at 3AM, put on the headphones and played some very loud music. Shortly after I saw my father looking pretty angry for some reason. Taking the headphones off I found I'd not turned the speakers off (there were buttons for the A and B channels - it drove 4 speakers) :)

Top Bottom