• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Search for "Endgame"? (the bad bad word) :)

MMeirolas

Hello guys,

i'm not a very active member, rather an avid reader of this community.

If there's anything i learned while reading a lot of so called "Hifi-Communities" is that words "lie", numbers don't. So i thank all the people that do measurements around here :D

Right now i'm using my LG V40 + HD6XX, and despite sounding good (and not fatiguing), i don't experience hat "Neck-Hair-Up-Chills-Tear-In-My-Eye-Sensation" i had 20 years on a Hifi Demo Show.

So i think it might be time to step up, pull out my wallet and try to find that "Engame" gear that will give me that sensation back. Just be HAPPY with my music again.

There is really no place here where i live (Germany) where i can try out a lot of stuff that has been measured and raved about at ASR.
Finding a shop where i can Demo a RMI 2 DAC FS, a Topping A90, Shiit and what not is just not possible.

So i have to trust the advice of this great community :)

Would you keep the HD6XX and invest in something like a RMI 2 DAC FS (i know the Headphone should be the most expensive item), or change first the HD6XX and then take it from there?

My favourite genre is Rock: anything from classic rock the more modern/hard stuff. But i enjoy electronic music as well, and since i have the gear i have i started enjoying Jazz, Classical and so on. So it would have to be something suitable for most Genres.

Portability would be nice but not a must.

I would be willing to spend 2000-2500€ tops.

Would love to read some advices for this Noob :)

Thanks a lot and keep up the great work

staticV3

Master Contributor
Good idea to figure out what you actually want first.
A new DAC/Amp won't give you that Neck-Hair-Up-Chills-Tear-In-My-Eye-Sensation that you're looking for.
Are you looking for a headphone? Or an IEM?
You mentioned portability. Can noise be expected in your listening environment?

OP
M

MMeirolas

Good idea to figure out what you actually want first.
A new DAC/Amp won't give you that Neck-Hair-Up-Chills-Tear-In-My-Eye-Sensation that you're looking for.
Are you looking for a headphone? Or an IEM?
You mentioned portability. Can noise be expected in your listening environment?
Hey there,

as i stated, portability is not a must. I could always buy a cheaper IEM later for on-the-go (heard good things about the Linsoul 7Hz Timeless and the Dunu Audio SA6).

But of course if you say that i can have the same experience from an IEM, that i'd have with a Full blown Headphone... that would save me a lot of money (and Baggage :p )

Btw, i forgot to write: i like good bass but i'm not a basshead. Any exageration in music doesn't sound "right" to me

Thanks again :)

pagan84

Hi mate,

"Neck-Hair-Up-Chills-Tear-In-My-Eye-Sensation" i had 20 years on a Hifi Demo Show.
Any chance you remember the gear and type of music?

Would you keep the HD6XX and invest in something like a RMI 2 DAC FS (i know the Headphone should be the most expensive item), or change first the HD6XX and then take it from there?
My favourite genre is Rock: anything from classic rock the more modern/hard stuff. But i enjoy electronic music as well, and since i have the gear i have i started enjoying Jazz, Classical and so on. So it would have to be something suitable for most Genres.
I'm on Fiio K7 + HD6XX/K550 mk.3. Fan of sounds in general so I have tried many weird stuff.
HD6XX is absolutely capable of creating 100% realistic sounds I would say (you can try some binaural demos from YT or some ASMR videos recorded on 3Dio or Neumann head).
With (commercial) music it gets more complicated. One thing, music is more congested, a lot of different sounds per 1 unit of time. Second - they don't aim for 100% realism.

IMO HD6XX lacks speed and slam hahahahha so in non-audiophool slang it has not enough low bass, too much of mid-bass and driver cant handle the transients fast enough (??? or just lacks of bumped up high tones ???). Also the soundstage is quite congested. Obviously rock/metal mix/masters are usually lame. Switching from Municipal Waste/Toxic Holocaust to some Chesky releases is quite shocking.

K550 IMO has a better presentation, much more space even from my Galaxy S8/laptop (actually I need to compare K550 on S8 vs Fiio K7). Bumped up highs. No mercy for poor recordings.

Anyway I wanna try some planar magnets as they have better bass and are 'faster' (that's what people say lol).

One of my test albums.

Also bought this yesterday, small band, aiming for realism:

Cheers, p.

OP
M

MMeirolas

Hi mate,

Any chance you remember the gear and type of music?

I'm on Fiio K7 + HD6XX/K550 mk.3. Fan of sounds in general so I have tried many weird stuff.
HD6XX is absolutely capable of creating 100% realistic sounds I would say (you can try some binaural demos from YT or some ASMR videos recorded on 3Dio or Neumann head).
With (commercial) music it gets more complicated. One thing, music is more congested, a lot of different sounds per 1 unit of time. Second - they don't aim for 100% realism.

IMO HD6XX lacks speed and slam hahahahha so in non-audiophool slang it has not enough low bass, too much of mid-bass and driver cant handle the transients fast enough (??? or just lacks of bumped up high tones ???). Also the soundstage is quite congested. Obviously rock/metal mix/masters are usually lame. Switching from Municipal Waste/Toxic Holocaust to some Chesky releases is quite shocking.

K550 IMO has a better presentation, much more space even from my Galaxy S8/laptop (actually I need to compare K550 on S8 vs Fiio K7). Bumped up highs. No mercy for poor recordings.

Anyway I wanna try some planar magnets as they have better bass and are 'faster' (that's what people say lol).

One of my test albums.

Also bought this yesterday, small band, aiming for realism:

Cheers, p.
Thanks for the kind and informative reply :)

Sadly i don't remember the gear i heard. What i remember is that it was a regular CD Player, some Floorstanders (maybe some Canton?) and a more expensive amplifier. Don't think the complete setup was more than 4-5000€.

It was on a regular electronic store (MediaMarkt). The lady asked if i wanted to "hear something" and asked me to sit. Once i heard the first guitar strings... Jeeeeeeeeesussss!!!! Chills! Got all emotional...

Yeah, it's a shame Rock Artists don't really master their stuff properly, since it's such a popular music genre.

With the HD6XX i don't experience any fatigue, which i can't say for other phones i had (K702, MSR7b, etc.), but it's like something is missing on the higher sound spectrum (Senni Veil??). That's why i thought with something like a RMI ADI 2 DAC, which is a bit brighter/really neutral? and has an EQ i could tweak the sound a bit...

Never tried the K550, but heard the fit on your head is very important on those. And they look "funny" :)

Planar... Would love to try some as well ;)

Cheers

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome .. well ... post a bit more please @MMeirolas.

Trying to answer your Original Post. The budget is high enough to warrant END GAME :D..

After those many years on ASR, if I were to buy one product that, while being the equivalent of a Swiss Army knife while being among the best in all categories, it would be the RME ADI-FS2. Keep this one in mind. It'll do almost everything, has enough "juice" to power almost any Headphones, has a serious Parametric Equalizer to linearize, correct headphones or Room Audio system, has a superb loudness control system, is well built and provide measurements that are still near or in the top 10. For headphones, IEM or 2-channel audio system. Lest I forgot, it is measurably low noise, so if you are to use IEM, no issue, no noise, no hiss... no hum.. pristine, pure.. again end game.
$1200.oo in the USA. Similar Euro Price, 1200.oo (B-stock at 995 at Thomann)

Now comes the part of headphones, since that is where we were headed anyway ;). For my part I would recommend the HifiMan HE-6SEv2, you can have it for $500 or often less in the USA, One of the 5 best measured headphones here at ASR. I don't know how that would work for you, to acquire it at this price in Europe...
And for the fun of it , you also acquire the TRUTHEAR Zero $50.oo.. No EQ, it is very close to end game :)... When Equalized, it is ENDGAME.
And you acquire a Qudelix 5K for 120 Euros
Around $1800.oo Endgame systems with: IEM, Headphones + Headphones amp + DAC + EQ + Preamp ... The Qudelix 5K can't power the HE6Sev2.

=======
System 2.
RME ADI FS-2 ........................... 1200.oo
Headphones, Sennheiser HD-800s.. I have no experience with this one, but from the buzz and ASR reviews, it provides some very special spatial cues that seem to be very unique ... if no EQ, not endgame by any stretch; with EQ, it becomes so... plus those special superpowers of spatial cues... 1500.oo Euros
For fun, you still acquire the TCZ ... a drop in your budget bucket: 50.oo... Euros ...perhaps a tad more.
And the Qudelix 5K $ 110.oo perhaps a tad more in Euros

For about 2800.oo Euros... ENDGAME earphone/headphone systemS.

Peace.

Last edited:

Soria Moria

I'd recommend IEMs. Something like the Moondrop Variations specifically. I've had several 'fancy' audiophile headphones and nothing has gotten close.

OP
M

MMeirolas

Welcome .. well ... post a bit more please @MMeirolas.

Trying to answer your Original Post. The budget is high enough to warrant END GAME :D..

After those many years on ASR, if I were to buy one product that, while being the equivalent of a Swiss Army knife while being among the best in all categories, it would be the RME ADI-FS2. Keep this one in mind. It'll do almost everything, has enough "juice" to power almost any Headphones, has a serious Parametric Equalize to linearize, correct headphones or Room Audio system, has a superb loudness control system, is well built and provide measurements that are still near or in the top 10. For headphones, IEM or 2-channel audio system. Lest I forgot, it is measurably low noise, so if you are to use IEM, no issue, no noise, no hiss... no hum.. pristine, pure.. again end game.
$1200.oo in the USA. Similar Euro Price, 1200.oo (B-stock at 995 at Thomann)

Now comes the part of headphones, since that is where we were headed any way. For my part I would recommend the HifiMan HE-6SEv2, you can have it for $500 or often less in the USA, One of the 5 best measured headphones here at ASR. I don't know how that would work for you, to acquire it at this price in Europe...
And for the fun of it , you also acquire the TRUTHEAR Zero $50.oo.. No EQ, it is very close to end game :)... When Equalized, it is ENDGAME.
And you acquire a Qudelix 5K for 120 Euros
Around $1800.oo Endgame systems with: IEM, Headphones + Headphones amp + DAC + EQ + Preamp ... The QUdelix 5K can't power the HE6Sev2.

=======
System 2.
RME ADI FS-2 ........................... 1200.oo
Headphones, Sennheiser HD-800s.. I have no experience with this one, but from the buzz and ASR reviews, it provides some very special spatial cues that seem to be very unique ... if no EQ, not endgame by any stretch; with EQ, it becomes so... plus those special superpowers of spatial cues... 1500.oo Euros
For fun, you still acquire the TCZ ... a drop in your budget bucket50.oo... Euros ...perhaps a tad more.
And the Qudelix 5K $ 110.oo perhaps a tad more in Euros

For about 2800.oo Euros... ENDGAME earphone/headphone systemS.

Peace.
Thanks for the very informative reply

The RME ADI 2 DAC FS it is then ;)

The Qudelix would be for portable listening with IEMs right?

I've read good things about the sound signature of the HE-6SEv2, glad that the measurements are good too. Price would be between 600€ and 800€.

Sadly there are complaints about the build quality, especially the Headband. What can you say about that?

Who hasn't heard about the 800s? "That Soundstage"... "Its like having speakers on your ears" :p Do you have to EQ them a lot to get that
Endgame Sound Quality?

I forgot to say that i have an IEM, the TinHifi T2. It costed me around 50€ as well and they are good, but nowhere near Endgame LOL
I have to check out the Truthear Zero, ist the TCZ on System 2 the same IEM?

Thanks mate :)

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the very informative reply

The RME ADI 2 DAC FS it is then ;)

The Qudelix would be for portable listening with IEMs right?

I've read good things about the sound signature of the HE-6SEv2, glad that the measurements are good too. Price would be between 600€ and 800€.

Sadly there are complaints about the build quality, especially the Headband. What can you say about that?

Who hasn't heard about the 800s? "That Soundstage"... "Its like having speakers on your ears" :p Do you have to EQ them a lot to get that
Endgame Sound Quality?

I forgot to say that i have an IEM, the TinHifi T2. It costed me around 50€ as well and they are good, but nowhere near Endgame LOL
I have to check out the Truthear Zero, ist the TCZ on System 2 the same IEM?

Thanks mate :)

RME ADI DAC FS2. I may acquire it, I don't need it but ... I am an audiophile :facepalm::mad:. Knowing what I know now, I would have purchased it, when I was looking for a good way to power my HE6Sev2. My combo of Topping D10B (Balanced DAC) + Raspberry Pi with Volumio for streaming and DSP + THXAAA789 works as well, however. I am not missing anything.

Qudelix would be for portability with the IEM or any other headphones, or IEM. It is reasonably powerful, has EQ , etc.... but cannot drive the HE6SEv2

The HE6SEv2.. build quality is good. It looks cheap and use the same headband and cups as their lowest (cheapest) line ... It is heavy, doesn't exude the air of quality, especially that of the Sennheiser HD-800 or any HD-xxx . Mine arrived DOA. They were very quickly replaced by HiFiMan without any problems. They are regularly used and after a year (amost) look the same as new, perform, well.. Can take ridiculous amount of power and .. there are few headphones that would vibrate your head.. The HE6SEv2 can and remain clean... at all SPL.
I heard the HD800s a few years ago, back then, I did not know what EQ was for headphones.. I wasn't focusing on the Soundstage and found them light sounding... Measurements does , also, show that these are bass deficient. and I found the treble overbearing. EQ'd they rise to Endgame. Thing is the Qudelix 5K can eq and power the HD800s and the TCZ. The TCZ doesn't require EQ, IME, the HD800s does.

I don't know much about IEMs, I bought the TRUTHEAR Crinnacle Zero (TCZ for short), after the rave ASR review and am pleased. It is surprising and IME , redefines the threshold of greatness for IEM. For $50.oo, they are shocking. Had they cost $500.oo, they still would have been; when EQ'd, so that you remove their tendency to "shoutiness" and exaggerated treble, they become, IMO, SOTA (State Of The Art). Nor sure one can do better. at any price. IEM however are physiology-dependent. The TCZ fits my ear well. From this experience I know I will not pay more than $50 for an IEM.

You are welcome.

Peace.

Last edited:

Zensō

Major Contributor
Just a word of caution:

Beware the "first time effect". The first time your body or mind is introduced to something new, it's a big deal, a new sensation that starts a new entry in the catalog of life. Once you do that same thing everyday, it becomes just that ..... an everyday occurrence. Blah city.
So it's not only possible, but even probable, that you cannot experience that same sensation that you did that day.

For some people, this is the reason that they search for years, burning their way through component after component, trying to find the "magic" again. For many, it's impossible .... and they don't realize why.

Just something to remember in the back of your mind. :)

Jim
I agree that this is not really about the gear. Better gear may get you part of the way there, but it’s much more about your state of mind while listening. Whatever new gear you purchase will be exciting for a time, then your mind will adjust to this new sound and the thrill will subside. As stated above, it can be an endless pursuit until you come to this realization.

Last edited:

Marc v E

Major Contributor
Thanks for the kind and informative reply :)

Sadly i don't remember the gear i heard. What i remember is that it was a regular CD Player, some Floorstanders (maybe some Canton?) and a more expensive amplifier. Don't think the complete setup was more than 4-5000€.

It was on a regular electronic store (MediaMarkt). The lady asked if i wanted to "hear something" and asked me to sit. Once i heard the first guitar strings... Jeeeeeeeeesussss!!!! Chills! Got all emotional...

Yeah, it's a shame Rock Artists don't really master their stuff properly, since it's such a popular music genre.

With the HD6XX i don't experience any fatigue, which i can't say for other phones i had (K702, MSR7b, etc.), but it's like something is missing on the higher sound spectrum (Senni Veil??). That's why i thought with something like a RMI ADI 2 DAC, which is a bit brighter/really neutral? and has an EQ i could tweak the sound a bit...

Never tried the K550, but heard the fit on your head is very important on those. And they look "funny" :)

Planar... Would love to try some as well ;)

Cheers
I noticed that you have your hifi epiphany moments when listening to floorstanders, while now at home you listen through headphones.

I would suggest you listen to more speakers recommended here to see if that is what you're searching for.

OP
M

MMeirolas

Just a word of caution:

Beware the "first time effect". The first time your body or mind is introduced to something new, it's a big deal, a new sensation that starts a new entry in the catalog of life. Once you do that same thing everyday, it becomes just that ..... an everyday occurrence. Blah city.
So it's not only possible, but even probable, that you cannot experience that same sensation that you did that day.

For some people, this is the reason that they search for years, burning their way through component after component, trying to find the "magic" again. For many, it's impossible .... and they don't realize why.

Just something to remember in the back of your mind. :)

Jim
Thanks to you too :)

First i thought it might be that, but then there are some "WOW-Moments" when listening through my gear... So i know that there is something better than what i'm getting most of the time.

The only problem is that i have these moments only 10% of the time.... Something more like 60/70% of the time would be a huuuge improvement ;)

And as someone pointed out before, the source might be an issue here (mostly Rock)

Cheers

OP
M

MMeirolas

RME ADI DAC FS2. I may acquire it, I don't need it but ... I am an audiophile :facepalm::mad:. Knowing what I know now, I would have purchased it, when I was looking for a good way to power my HE6Sev2. My combo of Topping D10B (Balanced DAC) + Raspberry Pi with Volumio for streaming and DSP + THXAAA789 works as well, however. I am not missing anything.

Qudelix would be for portability with the IEM or any other headphones, or IEM. It is reasonably powerful, has EQ , etc.... but cannot drive the HE6SEv2

The HE6SEv2.. build quality is good. It looks cheap and use the same headband and cups as their lowest (cheapest) line ... It is heavy, doesn't exude the air of quality, especially that of the Sennheiser HD-800 or any HD-xxx . Mine arrived DOA. They were very quickly replaced by HiFiMan without any problems. They are regularly used and after a year (amost) look the same as new, perform, well.. Can take ridiculous amount of power and .. there are few headphones that would vibrate your head.. The HE6SEv2 can and remain clean... at all SPL.
I heard the HD800s a few years ago, back then, I did not know what EQ was for headphones.. I wasn't focusing on the Soundstage and found them light sounding... Measurements does , also, show that these are bass deficient. and I found the treble overbearing. EQ'd they rise to Endgame. Thing is the Qudelix 5K can eq and power the HD800s and the TCZ. The TCZ doesn't require EQ, IME, the HD800s does.

I don't know much about IEMs, I bought the TRUTHEAR Crinnacle Zero (TCZ for short), after the rave ASR review and am pleased. It is surprising and IME , redefines the threshold of greatness for IEM. For $50.oo, they are shocking. Had they cost $500.oo, they still would have been; when EQ'd, so that you remove their tendency to "shoutiness" and exaggerated treble, they become, IMO, SOTA (State Of The Art). Nor sure one can do better. at any price. IEM however are physiology-dependent. The TCZ fits my ear well. From this experience I know I will not pay more than $50 for an IEM.

You are welcome.

Peace.
Hey there,

so if you had to chose, you would take the Hifiman because it's better tuned out of the box, or the HD800s because the Soundstage is huge, the build quality is better and the Qudelix can drive them? :)

Those TCZ are tempting for 50$... I'll look up the review for them.

As for the Qudelix 5K: i tested the iFi Hip DAC and the Gryphon with Tidal Hifi+, since both support MQA. Really couldn't tell a difference between my V40 and the iFis.... But ok, might be the 6XX's fault.

Do you think the Qudelix is a step up from those?

Cheers

OP
M

MMeirolas

I noticed that you have your hifi epiphany moments when listening to floorstanders, while now at home you listen through headphones.

I would suggest you listen to more speakers recommended here to see if that is what you're searching for.
True... Didn't think about that :/

I'll read here at ASR and see if there are some being sold where i live.

Thanks for the hint :)

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey there,

so if you had to chose, you would take the Hifiman because it's better tuned out of the box, or the HD800s because the Soundstage is huge, the build quality is better and the Qudelix can drive them? :)

Those TCZ are tempting for 50$... I'll look up the review for them.

As for the Qudelix 5K: i tested the iFi Hip DAC and the Gryphon with Tidal Hifi+, since both support MQA. Really couldn't tell a difference between my V40 and the iFis.... But ok, might be the 6XX's fault.

Do you think the Qudelix is a step up from those?

Cheers
Hi

The notion of ROI is very dear to me, especially when ASR regularly proves that price is not an indicator of superiority. The image etched in my mind is the Apple "dongle" what at $9.95 provides equal or better performance than a $15,000.oo DAC ...
I try , thus , to find products with the highest ROI (Return On Investment) as much as possible. The HE6Se can be found at times for les than $500.oo ... I wouldn't call it Harman compliant. The transducers are stellar... Yes they are. Electronics-like distortion, extended FR , etc ... The caveat is that these are very insensitive headphones requiring stout amplifiers. I also had their earlier HE6 , and that , since 2013, or 2014... and another HifiMan , the He560 that I liked and then loved after discovering, again thanks to ASR, how much better and similar headphones can become after proper EQ. I was about to purchase a HE6Se version that cost $1600.oo, for some odd , bizarre reasons, HiFiMan is selling these for less than $500... No hesitation. HE6SEv2 :), I need to re-evaluate the HD-800S because the spatial qualities of the HE6SE are very, very good, just for my information, not interested, in acquiring it: I have hit the ceiling for headphones. I have an endgame desktop headphones system:
Topping D10B
THX AAA 789 Balanced headphones amplifier
HifiMan HE6Sev2.
THD stays below 0.1% (yes) at 86 dB at my eardrums from 20 Hz to 20,000.oo Hz. Those are superlative performance, the HD-800S can't touch this performance.

I don't have (yet? :() the Qudelix 5K, It is an interesting product with a good amplifier, a good DAC and, Parametric EQ. a rarity among headphones integrated DAC/ headphones amplifiers, be these desktop or portable... At its price it is a goto, for portability and even general use for headphones or IEM. I don't care for MQA, I am very satisfied with Spotify Premium codec and with mp3 320 so ... In my view a Qudelix + TCZ represents a quasi-SOTA system for less than $200.ooo, that is lot, for not much :).

Ok I will order a Qudelix 5K, You see what you made me do people! ? :D.

Peace.

OP
M

MMeirolas

Hi

The notion of ROI is very dear to me, especially when ASR regularly proves that price is not an indicator of superiority. The image etched in my mind is the Apple "dongle" what at $9.95 provides equal or better performance than a $15,000.oo DAC ...
I try , thus , to find products with the highest ROI (Return On Investment) as much as possible. The HE6Se can be found at times for les than $500.oo ... I wouldn't call it Harman compliant. The transducers are stellar... Yes they are. Electronics-like distortion, extended FR , etc ... The caveat is that these are very insensitive headphones requiring stout amplifiers. I also had their earlier HE6 , and that , since 2013, or 2014... and another HifiMan , the He560 that I liked and then loved after discovering, again thanks to ASR, how much better and similar headphones can become after proper EQ. I was about to purchase a HE6Se version that cost $1600.oo, for some odd , bizarre reasons, HiFiMan is selling these for less than $500... No hesitation. HE6SEv2 :), I need to re-evaluate the HD-800S because the spatial qualities of the HE6SE are very, very good, just for my information, not interested, in acquiring it: I have hit the ceiling for headphones. I have an endgame desktop headphones system:
Topping D10B
THX AAA 789 Balanced headphones amplifier
HifiMan HE6Sev2.
THD stays below 0.1% (yes) at 86 dB at my eardrums from 20 Hz to 20,000.oo Hz. Those are superlative performance, the HD-800S can't touch this performance.

I don't have (yet? :() the Qudelix 5K, It is an interesting product with a good amplifier, a good DAC and, Parametric EQ. a rarity among headphones integrated DAC/ headphones amplifiers, be these desktop or portable... At its price it is a goto, for portability and even general use for headphones or IEM. I don't care for MQA, I am very satisfied with Spotify Premium codec and with mp3 320 so ... In my view a Qudelix + TCZ represents a quasi-SOTA system for less than $200.ooo, that is lot, for not much :).

Ok I will order a Qudelix 5K, You see what you made me do people! ? :D.

Peace.

Let us know what you think of the Qudelix.
Glad you found your Endgame Desktop :)

You are right: ROI is important for me as well. If i can be happy spending 1500€ why should i spend 2500€... Makes no sense.

Yeah, all the MQA-Hype is vanishing for me pretty fast too. Most of the times i really don't hear a difference between Tidal Hifi+ and Spotify.
And with (probably) the RMI ADI 2 DAC FS it will be a non-factor since it has no MQA-capabilities.

Have read a bit about the TCZs, and those don't fit very easily it seems... I have really narrow ear-canals :/

Will keep reading on the 800s, the HifiMan HE6Sev2 and the Qudelix 5K.

Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction :)

OP
M

MMeirolas

So i read practically the complete Hifiman HE6Se V2 Thread. What i found was:

- needs a nuclear power plant to power them
- had to return 2 defect units
- sounds amazing

I am torn apart now, since even the ADI 2 isn't powerful enough to power them. I don't want to risk a unfriendly vendor not accepting the return of defect units either :/

The 800s seems to be bether build and easier to drive. No big complaints

Top Bottom