• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Newbie wanting some speaker placement/setup advice

seduce_viper671

Hello, I don't even know if this is the best place to post this (seems so?) but I was not getting a lot of engagement on reddit.

So I got some speaker stands that actually fit nice enough on my desk and solves the problem of having dual monitors so I finally can put the speakers in a more optimal position instead how I used to have them horizontally under the monitors, the pictures show how I have the setup now with my old eris 3.5.

I plan on getting the kali lp-unf in the near future, so my question is if this is more or less decently put together or if there is some major thing I need to improve or some tips?

The speakers in the pictures are 60 cm apart from each other, they have some foam in the back to point the tweeters downward towards my ears (could improve this), and they are like 80 to 115 cm from my ears, althought unfortunately the left speaker is a bit closer to me than the right one and I dont have much more space to get it more to the left so I dont know if I should just bring the right speaker closer or if it is what it is..
I know that this may not be the ideal absolute perfect setup and that if they were at ear level at my sides it would be better but I have to work with what I have and sacrifice/prioritize some stuff, but is this a decent enough setup that would also justify the upgrade of speakers to the mentioned kali lp-unf? I just want to upgrade my audio setup for everyday use, gaming and listening to all genres of music.

I would appreciate some input, thank you!

Attachments

• 45romBI.jpeg
    45romBI.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 46
  • AxozhWJ.jpeg
    AxozhWJ.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 48
  • JbCY8jD.jpeg
    JbCY8jD.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 48

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @seduce_viper671! Welcome to ASR.

Yeah not an optimal placement.

Could desk clamp monitor stands be an option to bring the tweeters down to ear level?

If not, then perhaps the Kali IN-UNF would be a better choice, as you could place the satellites below your displays in an equilateral triangle.

Edit: Alternatively, consider stacking your displays on top of each other. Not only should that reduce neck strain, it would also make placing speakers much more easy.
61vR1ZLWgBL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Last edited:

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
I like Static's idea. As an alternate, consider a good headphone amp/dac combo paired with the Sennheiser HD560S. Welcome to ASR!

Roland68

Major Contributor
Hello, I don't even know if this is the best place to post this (seems so?) but I was not getting a lot of engagement on reddit.

So I got some speaker stands that actually fit nice enough on my desk and solves the problem of having dual monitors so I finally can put the speakers in a more optimal position instead how I used to have them horizontally under the monitors, the pictures show how I have the setup now with my old eris 3.5.

I plan on getting the kali lp-unf in the near future, so my question is if this is more or less decently put together or if there is some major thing I need to improve or some tips?

The speakers in the pictures are 60 cm apart from each other, they have some foam in the back to point the tweeters downward towards my ears (could improve this), and they are like 80 to 115 cm from my ears, althought unfortunately the left speaker is a bit closer to me than the right one and I dont have much more space to get it more to the left so I dont know if I should just bring the right speaker closer or if it is what it is..
I know that this may not be the ideal absolute perfect setup and that if they were at ear level at my sides it would be better but I have to work with what I have and sacrifice/prioritize some stuff, but is this a decent enough setup that would also justify the upgrade of speakers to the mentioned kali lp-unf? I just want to upgrade my audio setup for everyday use, gaming and listening to all genres of music.

I would appreciate some input, thank you!
Unfortunately, this is anything but ideal.
Two thoughts on that, do you have space to the left and right of the table to screw stands to the wall?
The closer the speakers are together, the less you should turn them inwards.

Top Bottom