• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A5 and A8 announced

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thank you for the instruction manual.
The A8 I received is Defective product. The 2nd LED does not light up.
I will return it to Amazon immediately.
LOL i just saw this. Same Problem here. Who knows we may have gotten the same faulty unit :(

Really makes me want to chose no other Sabaj products in the future.

Toku

Major Contributor
LOL i just saw this. Same Problem here. Who knows we may have gotten the same faulty unit :(

Really makes me want to chose no other Sabaj products in the future.
The A8 problem is due to a simple design mistake in Sabaj. Only the Japanese market, where the power supply voltage is 100V, was affected.
The amplifier unit ICEPower 125ASX2 has a 115V/230V power voltage switching jumper, but they had wired this connection wrong.
But they acted quickly after receiving my report.

ninetylol

The A8 problem is due to a simple design mistake in Sabaj. Only the Japanese market, where the power supply voltage is 100V, was affected.
The amplifier unit ICEPower 125ASX2 has a 115V/230V power voltage switching jumper, but they had wired this connection wrong.
But they acted quickly after receiving my report.
Well i ordered two and one of them didnt even turn on. Voltage was set correct and it was new from what Ive seen.

Sad to see such low quality control with Sabaj. My A30 had a flimmering display too.

Last edited:

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
Well i ordered two and one of them didnt even turn on. Voltage was set correct and it was new from what Ive seen.

Sad to see such low quality control with Sabaj. My A30 had a flimmering display too.
I've owned three Sabaj A8s since they were released and have used them daily without issue. Other than the voltage issue, which wasn't a QC matter, you're the first and only person that I've encountered that's thrown shade at Sabaj. If you want to discuss low QC, the PA3/PA5 threads may be more conducive to that vibe.

Talisman

Forum Donor
@peterwen i wonder why you send dacs for measurements but none of your amps? Not sure if they will measure right?
Both A8 and A20a 2022 are extremely interesting for the possibility of using them as monoblocks, but I imagine that many users on asr would like to see Amir's measurements before pulling the trigger

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@peterwen The A20a 2022 seems to be very nice indeed, measurements would be really cool. :D
In terms of features, the only thing missing would be a switch to defeat the attenuator.

Roland68

Major Contributor
@peterwen i wonder why you send dacs for measurements but none of your amps? Not sure if they will measure right?
Both A8 and A20a 2022 are extremely interesting for the possibility of using them as monoblocks, but I imagine that many users on asr would like to see Amir's measurements before pulling the trigger
The Sabaj A8 has not been manufactured for a long time.
I would find a test of the Sabaj A20a 2022 particularly exciting in comparison to the SMSL A300.

dudewithcans

I would find a test of the Sabaj A20a 2022 particularly exciting in comparison to the SMSL A300.
IF you still care, i actually have the A20a 2022 at home and HAD two different units of smsl´s A300 before (one obviously was malfunctional so i ordered a different one) and my ears tell me right away that the A20a 2022 produces LESS static hiss from the tweeter, and overall (including mid/bass hum) less static noise.

IN NO WAY would i consider the amount of static hiss/noise the A20a 2022 produces as "good"... its acceptable at best.
its still to noisy for me on my 92db speakers, and beyond anything i would find acceptable FOR MYSELF.
but A20a 2022 is still MUCH better in that regards then the A300... at least when comparing the devices i have for testing.

soundwise i say its not audibly different from the A300.
but honestly, to me it doenst matter at all how it sounds, my ears are still in good shape and I HATE static noise/hiss from my speakers.
as i wrote somewhere else here, if your speakers are of lower efficiency and your setup a lets say 2m stereo, you might give those amps a try.
i have the feeling the ma5332m is simply not made for HIFI, or both sabaj and smsl implementations are subpar to what is actually achievable with the chip.
my advise IF you care about static noise: better give the new smsl AL200 a try... its more expensive, but MAYBE its better regarding that.
but then again: alot of folks seem to like the A300... if you do, and dont think something is wrong with it, theres NO REASON to try the A20a 2022. =)

i have the A5 here aswell with the 50asx2se and out of curiosity the FOSI TP10D (that one as a replacement for the A07, with the tpa3255)...
im not gonna lie, the A20a 2022 was the first one that went back in the box.

Last edited:
Top Bottom