• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

S.M.S.L. SD-9 Set-Up and Basic Review

Igor055

Hello friends! Has anyone updated the system from version 1.0 to 1.1 on SD-9. I found an update, but I hesitate to install, so as not to come to negative consequences.

M_Jr

Hello friends! Has anyone updated the system from version 1.0 to 1.1 on SD-9. I found an update, but I hesitate to install, so as not to come to negative consequences.
This in not new, it's the same installed on yours SD9 (1.01 Version)

espectro

Hello! I just got my SD9 today and plugged it into my D70s via i2s, but it only works when I'm playing Hi-Res files. When I play 44.1khz flac files, there's no sound. USB works fine though. Is this a known issue with SD9? (mine came with the fw version 1.01)

Last edited:

mrlongar

is it possible to stream --other music streaming service like apple music, amazon music , spotify , deezer aside from qobuz, tidal using mconnect on SMSL sd-9?

srkbear

Forum Donor
I find the Zen Stream with the latest firmware upgrades to be perfect. Works great with Roon, sounds terrific, has USB output with built in active noise cancellation, handles all file types including native DSD and MQA Passthrough to my Topping D90se. I have an SMSL DP5 on the way just for FOMO purposes and for the screen, but if there’s no sound improvement I’ll keep the ZS.

A couple of tips:

—With the ZS, swing for a 15V iPower X power supply. Has greater amperage and more clean power, and improved stability with Wi-Fi.

—If you enter the ZS GUI by typing iFi.local/dev, you can switch to developer mode and access beta firmware versions. To get back to the regular GUI just go back to iFi.local. Doesn’t change anything in terms of functionality. But the developer page gives you a lot of info, including real-time processing of songs in progress.

Top Bottom