• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rose Audio RA180 Integrated

roog

Forum Donor
The Rose RA180, visually distinctive, certainly but perhaps a little too confusing with so many styles going on.

Seems to have active crossover feature and multiple amps to complement this. Ability to bridge them for 400W into 2ch! plus it has dinky little UV meters with soft amber/yellow back lighting (wo hoo, seems to be the order of the day here)

Last edited:

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Will be absurdly expensive for mediocre performance.

OP
roog

roog

Forum Donor
Not seen much in the way of serious reviews of their streamer products

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What the heck is "Class AD" amplifier technology? Anyone read Korean text?

Rose RA180.jpg

OP
roog

roog

Forum Donor
Agreed, there is a hint of Nagra styling about it.

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning

kongwee

Major Contributor
100kHz, will hear someone screaming at you can't hear that frequency!

Loathecliff

Suggested retail price 6,999 EUR. Available from May 2022 according to the website.
Cue the ROFL emoji.

That volume? control knob with its pointless uneven holes reminds of my pet hate, screen block walling.
Or maybe the silver disc finisher had fallen off in transit to the photographic studio.

mfb

Hoping it gets to the states. I absolutely love the look and checks all my boxes for an integrated. I already have the RS150B....

JSmith

Master Contributor
Same output into 4 ohm as into 8 ohm. :/
Possibly current limited either for damage protection or questionable design. Probably not the best choice for less sensitive 4 ohm nominal speakers that often drop below 2 ohms. That said, with the amount of power on tap here, it wouldn't matter with most speakers and doubling the power doesn't represent a large increase in volume.

I like integrated amps with VU's... but I do not like the aesthetics of this at all, it looks much too "busy".

JSmith

Koloth

I really like the inclusion of a proper highpass/lowpass potentiometer for sub integration.

Top Bottom