• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Room measured in REW, how best to proceed?

aquavit

Hello!

After lurking on here for a while and absorbing as much information as possible, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Umik-1 mic and miniDSP 2x4HD in an effort to optimise my sound.

I've followed the clear and straightforward guidance presented in this video
to get this far.

However, as per the advice on here, I only want to EQ my lower FR to properly integrate my subwoofer in a 2.1 system, whereas the video is for full system EQ. Do I need that?

This is the graph generated by REW, averaged out over five readings. I've no idea if this is good, bad or just "normal":

Graph.jpg

My room measures 5.4M x 4.7M x 2.8M. My system comprises Audiolab 6000A, Dali Oberon 1's and Dali E-9F subwoofer. I'm not sure what I need to do to rectify the FR so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Chagall

Forum Donor
Hi, you can always try to EQ full range and listen to it - and go back if it's not an improvement. But first you need seperate measurements for sub and mains so you can time align them and apply crossover. If you only want to EQ sub, you can follow the video you've linked but disconnect the mains and apply the house curve just for sub.

See this tutorial on crossover and timealign:

Top Bottom