• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Room equalization through inverse delayed and attenuated bass signals

tjcinnamon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Easier said than done! Metrics like RT60, Clarity, etc. require time domain correction. It's very different to frequency domain correction MSO is optimizing. Not only these phase corrections will frequently cause unpredictable ringing effects but also because all the data is hidden behind Fast Fourier transformations, are mathematically very complex to generate.
I agree. Adjusting phase would be too much. Given the MSO is multiple subs, it would be using cancellation from other speakers.

andyc56

I have been thinking the same thing. I asked AndyC56 (the author of the software) on AVSForum and got “it’s not planned”.

If youre on AVS, go put in a plug for that idea!

Anyone doing this or encouraging others to do so will be instantly put on ignore.

tjcinnamon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Anyone doing this or encouraging others to do so will be instantly put on ignore.
Sorry about that. I didn't mean to offend at all and I appreciate your efforts.

edit: also, I see he already posted that on AVS, 4 days ago and I responded to his post on there 3 days ago. Again, my apologies.

StabMe

Oh, in no way my intention was to encourage anybody. I am just entertaining this as an idea that, if feasible, i still try to implement using my slightly higher than novice python skills. The reason i am posting is just to gather opinions.

LIΟN

Not only these phase corrections will frequently cause unpredictable ringing effects but also because all the data is hidden behind Fast Fourier transformations, are mathematically very complex to generate.
I agree. Implementing it will not be easy...

Top Bottom