• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

rooDial a Wireless Volume Knob for Roon with Microsoft Surface Dial

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Lifetime license is $29.

That's less than I paid for the various eHarmony remotes I've bought in my life.

You’re already paying for Roon (Remote), buying a knob just because you’re too lazy to open the app on your phone and drag the slider is a new level of entitlement :p

I guess audio gear has been bought for even less motivating reasons.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Reminds me of the giant Enter button

C73A643A-59F0-415F-8E18-5F7B637A9362.jpeg

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
You’re already paying for Roon (Remote), buying a knob just because you’re too lazy to open the app on your phone and drag the slider is a new level of entitlement :p

Well, I find tactile volume knobs to be more enjoyable.

I don't think I'm alone on this, given there is a whole thread on volume knobs.

I also don't think that preference remotely counts as entitlement.

After all, I'm not demanding it be given to me for free and am willing to compensate the inventor.

Oh, and...I don't always have my phone on me. Especially at night when listening to music.

Last edited:

win

too lazy to open the app on your phone and drag the slider

for some reason roon doesn't use the volume rocker on the actual phone. i'm sure they have some bogus reason why.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Yeah. That's for you guys who have your phone with you when you are enjoying music at home. Mine is relegated to another room. And even if it was with me, I have to turn it on, turn on the Roon app and find/manipulate the tiny volume bar. Feh. I much prefer the knob!

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

There is almost no price I would not pay to make sure I don't have to use my 'phone to control my stereo :)

Katji

Major Contributor
This is why I'm a bit tired of hearing about controlling via phone..."apps". ...Maybe I should copy-paste and put somewhere for easy access...make it easy to hammer it in.
have to turn it on, turn on the Roon app and find/manipulate the tiny volume bar.

I tried a rotary knob thing once, touchscreen laptop............maybe I needed actual evidence that sliders are better on GUI.

...Now with fully active speakers, I keep the remote with me at the laptop. ...No problem.

win

I hate having so many remotes. It's ugly and a mess.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Gotta love that entitlement...

If that's what preferring a volume knob to a phone screen is, I guess I'm in the over-entitled club too.

What do we call the people who try to denegrate those who have different preferences, or are not quite as $ conscious as being lazy and entitled? :cool:

win

I have a lutron caseta wall switch that I use to control Volume from the couch.

Attachments

• 53efb8c1-3e92-4675-b0a4-17d14f9fb400.jpg
    53efb8c1-3e92-4675-b0a4-17d14f9fb400.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 69

Katji

Major Contributor
I hate having so many remotes. It's ugly and a mess.
I only have 1 remote, for the active speakers - and the tv remote in the other room. But 4 phones, different purposes.

Oh, btw - this age of consumerism - you can get special racks for remotes. :)

TimW

Major Contributor
Just bought the Dial and pi zero to do this. The creator announced a new version that should come out soon with support for next/previous track and grouped zones among other things.

Top Bottom