• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rolls SX45 Review (Analog Crossover)

Rate this product:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 75 52.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Justruckin

Would love to see the K231 tested but don’t want to be without mine for that long!
I just boxed my K231 up and will be sending it back tomorrow, it was like a wet blanket over my system. I really wanted to like it, and I expected it to be much better than the Rolls SX45. Nope, the Rolls SX45 bloodied the K231's nose, and cracked a rib or two. I'm listening to the Melody Gardot over a pair of Maggie LRS+ with a pair of REL T-Zero MKIII subs... Excuse me, but I need to go get Melody another glass of wine... ;-)

MAB

Major Contributor
Does anyone know what opamps the SX45 uses?
It's in the manual:
1715012447740.png

Does the op amp matter?

Schollaudio

It's in the manual:
View attachment 367974

Does the op amp matter?
Thanks!! Looks like a basic design. Interesting how they work out the single rail by putting B+ on the positive input to the opamp. In this case I don't think the opamp will make a huge difference.

MAB

Major Contributor
Thanks!! Looks like a basic design. Interesting how they work out the single rail by putting B+ on the positive input to the opamp. In this case I don't think the opamp will make a huge difference.
It certainly won't affect or fix the channel imbalance that was measured on the tested unit.
The basic performance of each channel alone is decent. The problem is the integrated product, not the ingredients.

Top Bottom