• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rockville RockShelf 68W 400w 6.5" $80 Bookshelf Speakers

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
I came across these because someone asked if a certain 3 piece combo had 'synergy'... and i'm always interested in seeing how someone can make a cheaper mousetrap

funny thing is you're able to option these as 8 ohm or 4 ohm

now undoubtedly... these speakers are, let's just say, less than optimal as far as performance goes

these are sealed and they look and sound (from the YT video) to be extremely rough

but i have never seen the option to select the impedance

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Crossover Cutoff Point: 10Khz

So basically the woofer breakup modes aren't suppressed, and the directivity will be a mess.

Shame the Dayton MK602X are no longer available. Those used to be really good $100 speakers if you applied EQ to the treble.

OP
T

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i keep looking at that guy in the video and he's going.... "this sounds so great and its loud and clear!"

and i'm thinking... DO YOUR EARS WORK? AT ALL?

and this neatly folds back into the threads about how people buy cheap bad goods... and why they exist at all... its because they cant tell the difference

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
i keep looking at that guy in the video and he's going.... "this sounds so great and its loud and clear!"

and i'm thinking... DO YOUR EARS WORK? AT ALL?

and this neatly folds back into the threads about how people buy cheap bad goods... and why they exist at all... its because they cant tell the difference
Well, and YouTube reviewers will say almost anything.

Top Bottom