• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2 Pro - Remote app beta just released for the Pro serie

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It's really a shame, that I am so lazy when it comes to updates.... My RME just sits there and sounds good :cool:

KSTR

Major Contributor
Personally, I'm not amused.
IMHO the requirement for Direct3D 12 for such a simple application (wrt to required graphics power) is just silly... I'd have to buy a new computer just to use the app, wtf?
I did a test install on a PC at work and I'm not impressed by the styling either. It looks like most any other phone app and does not focus on true usability and a timeless form-follows-function UI approach, those dreaded slide switches are a clear indicator that some yuppie app programmers were at work here. Lack of keyboard support is another clue.
No support for Linux is bummer as well.
Sorry for the rant but that's how I feel.

The good thing about the whole project is that the MIDI SysEx details will be published at some point (hopefully soon) so that I'll at least be able to save and recall full setups with a simple command line tool that should be easy to write...

OP
R

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry for the rant
As for everything in life, you may look at this from 2 different perspectives and see the glass half full or half empty.

Here, you have a manufacturer giving you a free very useful additional functionality.
I don't see how they could get money out of this: this seems just driven by their commitment to their customers. Some of us requested this -I was one of them- and here we have it.

I don't share your dissatisfaction.
I whish more -I always do- but the added value of the app as is is obvious to me.

As an example, the EQ files are text files, so it will be easy to script the creation of EQ settings from measurements for any headphones and to share the file.

And, as you say, the availability of the library alone is gold.
Up to us to build from there and to share with others.

Last edited:

KSTR

Major Contributor
Here, you have a manufacturer giving you a free very useful additional functionality.
I don't see how they could get money out of this: this seems just driven by their commitment to their customers. Some of us requested this -I was one of them- and here we have it.
I was also one of those customers as I have a number of different applications and constantly need to setup my Pro's differently.

Of course I still applaud RME for making this available, right as you say, their commitment is outstanding and that's what puts them so far ahead of the competition.
I will overcome my bad mood at some point, at least now I have (one more) reason to finally update my last Windows-based computer to something more modern (even though I don't have any actual CPU and GPU bottlenecks with my 10 year old Lenovo laptop and normally follow a strict "never change a running system" policy).

weme

Personally, I'm not amused.
IMHO the requirement for Direct3D 12 for such a simple application (wrt to required graphics power) is just silly... I'd have to buy a new computer just to use the app, wtf?
I did a test install on a PC at work and I'm not impressed by the styling either. It looks like most any other phone app and does not focus on true usability and a timeless form-follows-function UI approach, those dreaded slide switches are a clear indicator that some yuppie app programmers were at work here. Lack of keyboard support is another clue.
No support for Linux is bummer as well.
Sorry for the rant but that's how I feel.

The good thing about the whole project is that the MIDI SysEx details will be published at some point (hopefully soon) so that I'll at least be able to save and recall full setups with a simple command line tool that should be easy to write...
I agree with you 99% because keyboard input is possible on some fields (-1%).

"Lack of keyboard support is another clue."
"Potentiometers can be adjusted by ... right-click to open an input box." (RME ADI-2 Remote 1.3 User Guide under "..\Program Files (x86)\RME\ADI-2 Remote")
Is that what you are missing?

Maybe you've overlooked that and you have a comparable notebook: Notebook Dell Latitude E6530 works with ADI-2 Remote

weme

RME ADI-2 Remote - Set your EQs to factory

RME ADI-2 Remote - Vers. 1.3b2 for MS-Windows
File -> Load Factory -> EQ Examples
The function "Load Factory -> EQ Examples" overwrites the stored EQs in the ADI-2 DAC/PRO with exemplary contents. If you want to delete your EQs instead (Factory), you can change this as follows:
  • 1. Download the file https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2_remote_samplefiles.zip (linked at https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=37784 #1).
  • 2. Extract the file "Total Reset State except Setups.adistp" into any directory and change the name to "EQ Examples.adistp". Open "EQ Examples.adistp" with an editor and change the contents "<ADI-2DAC>" (at the beginning and at the end) to "<Factory>".
  • 3. Delete - if you like - the parameters for a Setup. But it is not necessary, as the function "Load Factory -> EQ Examples" only uses the EQ parameters.
  • Or simply use for points 1. - 3. the "EQ Examples.adistp" from the attached zip-file.
Copy the above "EQ Examples.adistp" into the programme directory of ADI-2 Remote "..\Program Files (x86)\RME\ADI-2 Remote".
It works with ADI-2 DAC and it should also work for the ADI-2 PRO series.

RME ADI-2 Remote - Vers. >= 1.3b2 for MS-Windows and MAC
File -> Open Setup File...
The attached text file RME_ADI-2-Remote_Set-EQs-to-factory.txt contains additional hints, which should work but cannot be tested due to a bug in ADI-2 Remote - Vers. 1.3b2.

Attachments

• RME_ADI-2-Remote_Set your EQs to factory.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 45
DX12 -requirement killed my ADI-2 Remote -feast too. :(

RME shoots part of its customers to ass without DX11 -compatible version, like DigiCheck 5. It would be totally fine enough -looking. Now this valuable little program is made inaccesible for certain user group, for sake of cosmetic values mostly.

Tip from the field: the hardest professionals are often just very those who run older machines.
Although young-dumb-and-full-of-cum -eager rookie boys may update their computers every year or so, seasoned real pros much less often. This should be a little helping tool, to only manage ADI-2 -settings jungle, for christ sake. This kind of application requiring major system updates / new hardware is as ridiculous as clock, calendar or calculator application doing so.

Reddoc

RME shoots part of its customers to ass without DX11 -compatible version, like DigiCheck 5. It would be totally fine enough -looking. Now this valuable little program is made inaccesible for certain user group, for sake of cosmetic values mostly.

Tip from the field: the hardest professionals are often just very those who run older machines.
Although young-dumb-and-full-of-cum -eager rookie boys may update their computers every year or so, seasoned real pros much less often. This should be a little helping tool, to only manage ADI-2 -settings jungle, for christ sake. This kind of application requiring major system updates / new hardware is as ridiculous as clock, calendar or calculator application doing so.
The RME program is a free and welcome addition, IMO.
Your rude, vulgar and self-centred whinge is unlikely to make RME feel sympathetic towards a fraction of its user-base, especially if accurately represented by you. Also IMO.
Thanks, RME, I look forward very much to trying the new program on my 2/4 Pro.

alex0345

Thanks for the heads up on the new RME remote app beta! As an ADI-2 Pro owner myself, I'm excited to try out the remote functionality and firmware update.

Great to hear you've had success using the app to copy EQ settings between units. That's an awesome time-saving feature. No more manually noting down frequency and gain values!

Being able to tweak settings and visualize audio on my phone or tablet will be really handy. The remote app seems like a major workflow booster.

I'll get my ADI-2 Pro updated and start playing around with wireless control. Please keep posting your impressions as you use the remote app more. Any tips or gotchas to watch out for? The 2024 calendar is an essential organizational tool that delineates the 12 months of that particular year, factoring in Earth's orbit around the Sun. Each month possesses a specific number of days, ranging from 28 to 31, and the calendar systematically aids in the scheduling of events, commemorations of holidays, and other pertinent planning activities. The inclusion of notable observances and often the moon's phases further enhances its utility for both individuals and professional entities.

Kudos to RME on this new capability - it really unlocks new ways to use the Pro series. The future is bright with updates like this! Loving seeing incremental improvements.

Last edited:
OP
R

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the heads up on the new RME remote app beta! As an ADI-2 Pro owner myself, I'm excited to try out the remote functionality and firmware update.

Great to hear you've had success using the app to copy EQ settings between units. That's an awesome time-saving feature. No more manually noting down frequency and gain values!

Being able to tweak settings and visualize audio on my phone or tablet will be really handy. The remote app seems like a major workflow booster.

I'll get my ADI-2 Pro updated and start playing around with wireless control. Please keep posting your impressions as you use the remote app more. Any tips or gotchas to watch out for?

Kudos to RME on this new capability - it really unlocks new ways to use the Pro series. The future is bright with updates like this! Loving seeing incremental improvements.
I also created an Excel sheet to translate easily autoeq.app equalization settings into a RME preset.
Works fine, if anyone's interested...

Guy Fawkes

Can someone kindly provide version 1.3 of ADI2Remote for Windows? RME has produced the new release 2.1, I downloaded and installed it, overwriting the previous release but I would like to go back to version 1.3 of 09/25/2023.

Unfortunately there is no way to download it anywhere as it has been replaced with the new one from the RME website

Thank you

Guy Fawkes

What is the problem with the new one?
I explained it here

Reddoc

I explained it here

Gotcha. Thanks.

Top Bottom