• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2 DAC FS - AKM Versus ESS Measurements (DAC, Preamp & Headamp)

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It doesn't matter to me if it's SMPS or Linear,triangular or nuclear.
If it's good for RME it's good enough for me.

WHEN???
I understand, you can take my ADI 2 Pro FS R Black Edition when you prise it from my cold, dead hands.
They show cased them in July 22, so I'd imagine they are imminent.

Sokel

Master Contributor
I understand, you can take my ADI 2 Pro FS R Black Edition when you prise it from my cold, dead hands.
They show cased them in July 22, so I'd imagine they are imminent.
Let's be civilized...

(I would :))

Tks

Major Contributor
And a linear power supply. I'm sure it will be well engineered, but I do feel disappointed that RME gave into temptation on this, is nothing sacred?:rolleyes:

RME ADI-2_4 Pro SE and DPS-2 Linear Power Supply

Really wish that wasn't a 4.4mm Balanced. Half the reason I like balanced is due to the authoritative connection with XLR, the prongs all equally and simultaneously make contact. The connector feels good to hold and plug/unplug with ease due to size and grip.

Also I wish there was Bluetooth/streaming functionality to the RME consumer products. They pioneered proper DSP, but it seems they're stopping there.

As for that linear supply, yeah I don't get it.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Really wish that wasn't a 4.4mm Balanced. Half the reason I like balanced is due to the authoritative connection with XLR, the prongs all equally and simultaneously make contact. The connector feels good to hold and plug/unplug with ease due to size and grip.

Also I wish there was Bluetooth/streaming functionality to the RME consumer products. They pioneered proper DSP, but it seems they're stopping there.

As for that linear supply, yeah I don't get it.
Yep, Bluetooth would have been good.

BR52

Addicted to Fun and Learning
RME has a lot of experience with DAC and DSP they have "only to integrate a streamer, Bluetooth and if possible HDMI arc" and we have a fully digital frontend for home users. I know Matrix is close to it, but missing the DSP. The DSP is important to have a room correction for all sources, not only in Roon for streaming.

Tks

Major Contributor
RME has a lot of experience with DAC and DSP they have "only to integrate a streamer, Bluetooth and if possible HDMI arc" and we have a fully digital frontend for home users. I know Matrix is close to it, but missing the DSP. The DSP is important to have a room correction for all sources, not only in Roon for streaming.

That HDMI portion may be out of the question truth be told. It seems, for whatever reason. Explicit DAC companies (whether desktop, or studio) seem to not cross the line that AVR's cross, in the same way AVR's never cross the performance line that desktop DACs are inversely in.

Though I really wish we could get simple HDMI stripping functionality like some low cost devices have especially with things like consoles not sporting TOSLINK connectors, and finnicky USB audio implementations (like Sony's annoying ass UAC1 from the 80's for some idiotic reason even on the PS5).

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I prefer water turbine power supply, because of the fluid sound. Nuclear is too bright for me
Nuclear works well for blues.

365px-Advanced_Test_Reactor.jpg

Top Bottom