• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

kukocz

Forum Donor
Those switching supplies actually inject mains noise. Using USB power is good in the way it reduces the number of power supplies in the system. I would not mess with another supply.
But DX3 pro cannot be powered from usb, therefore this is wondering whether better power supply can improve quality or not.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
But DX3 pro cannot be powered from usb, therefore this is wondering whether better power supply can improve quality or not.
Oh sorry, I thought we were talking about another product. Never mind. :)

My advice remains though. There is no reason for a different power supply.

Stein

My Topping DX3 Pro got stuck in standby mode today. It stopped outputting sound completely.

Toku

Major Contributor
My Topping DX3 Pro got stuck in standby mode today. It stopped outputting sound completely.

Have you done factory reset?

In my two DX3 Pro, twice occurred the phenomenon that no sound was output to RCA when turning on the power again after turning off the power with the USB connection.
It did not recover even if factory reset was executed.
Withdrawing the power cable unavoidably and recovering it if left for about 1 hour.

Abnormal operation may occur depending on the timing of turning off or sleeping this product.
I am experiencing a similar phenomenon in DX7s.

Stein

Have you done factory reset?

In my two DX3 Pro, twice occurred the phenomenon that no sound was output to RCA when turning on the power again after turning off the power with the USB connection.
It did not recover even if factory reset was executed.
Withdrawing the power cable unavoidably and recovering it if left for about 1 hour.

Abnormal operation may occur depending on the timing of turning off or sleeping this product.
I am experiencing a similar phenomenon in DX7s.

Yeah, the factory reset(display 8-8) doesn't help. When I reset the DX3, it won't power off, but goes into standby mode again.

Toku

Major Contributor
Thank you for the link, but the lights don't respond when I turn the knob counterclock wise 3-4 turns on my unit.
Turn the knob counterclockwise until all the display's indicators are lit.
Expressing the number of turns is difficult! !

Toku

Major Contributor
Last edited:

Toku

Major Contributor
I am sorry, I am not good at English. It is a strange sentence.

Stein

Okay, I unplugged the power cable thrice for an hour and it didn't work. I've contacted the vendor on AliExpress about the issue and hope to hear back soon.

I hope everyone enjoys their unit, cause mine will surely be missed.

Klenfo

It's strange behavior of this device, once right during playback, it went into stand-by mode and I already thought it broke, but when I clicked on the knob, it turned on. So far this is not repeated.

kukocz

Forum Donor
Okay, I unplugged the power cable thrice for an hour and it didn't work. I've contacted the vendor on AliExpress about the issue and hope to hear back soon.

I hope everyone enjoys their unit, cause mine will surely be missed.
If computer recognizes the DAC, maybe you can try to re-flash the unit? The only thing I'm wondering about is that I'm not sure if it is doable when you have already the newest firmware onboard. But you can try...

Toku

Major Contributor
It's strange behavior of this device, once right during playback, it went into stand-by mode and I already thought it broke, but when I clicked on the knob, it turned on. So far this is not repeated.
I think that I am also really a strange machine.
Even if an error occurs, operation will return to normal if various operations are performed.
D50 DX7s also places a strange phenomenon.

If computer recognizes the DAC, maybe you can try to re-flash the unit? The only thing I'm wondering about is that I'm not sure if it is doable when you have already the newest firmware onboard. But you can try...
It is not related to the firmware version. The same trouble occurred before updating and after updating.

bleachershane

I think that I am also really a strange machine.
Even if an error occurs, operation will return to normal if various operations are performed.
D50 DX7s also places a strange phenomenon.

It is not related to the firmware version. The same trouble occurred before updating and after updating.
I believe he's stating to try reflashing the firmware to clear the unit of any errors, like a full factory reset.

Wolven

How do you set foobar in order to read the Dsf file extensions of Dsd?

I wish I knew. I followed Topping's instructions and installed components. Then changed output from WASAPI to Asio.
Tried playing the file, it exploded with full blust of speaker, when I turned down the sound nothing played.

Ended up, converting the files to 24/88.2 FLAC, using foobar settings of double check with 30kHz filter. The gain is probably - 6db, but amping output automatically can lead to clipping.

Do we have any experts on the dsf, sacd, dsd64 playback and conversion?

Top Bottom