• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Bun-Bun

Do you think you could follow up with them and ask exactly what they mean by "due to specific usage will caused damage again"? I'm taking that to mean the OPA2140 will inevitably fail no matter what. I ask because my DX3 Pro v1 failed recently after 9 months of daily use. After opening it up I found the OPA2140 was dead. I was going to replace it with a new one but if it will just fail again then it seems pointless.

Yes, they meant the OPA2140 in that circuit is highly sensitive and will likely keep failing. Replacing with AD8620 along with increasing the output impedance corrects this weakness. Can confirm have been using my repaired DX3Pro daily for 2 years since the repair and it's been rock solid.

VXAce

Well nuts, I just received a used unit and ran into this exact issue. Thanks for all the documentation on repairing this! Going to see if I can get my hands on the AD8620 and whatever else needed to repair...

yuktak

1653436958064222940692140318311.jpg
i got a topoing dx3pro+ and i would like to open up.I am able to open up the rear panel and that's all. Do i need a extra long allen key 1.5mm x 200mm ( long) to open it up. Please advice

mejobloggs

Been using a speaker setup for a few years but moved into an apartment with close neighbors all around so dug out my DX3 Pro.

Can't find the remote, can I change gain without remote?

Can't remember anything about the DX3 Pro, lol... do I just plug and play? Any Windows config required?

I mainly just play games with k612 Pro headphones. Some youtube music. Do I need to download drivers from Topping website? Or just go with Windows default?

Seems pretty loud. I've set it to -40 db is that normal?

252 pages... had a quick scan through. I see mentions of firmware updates but links don't work anymore. Looked on Topping website and can't see any firmware for DX3 Pro, only Pro+. Anyone know where I can find latest firmware?

Probably questions asked a million times sorry but this is a huge thread and didn't spot the info I was looking for

Cheers

Veri

Master Contributor
I mainly just play games with k612 Pro headphones. Some youtube music. Do I need to download drivers from Topping website? Or just go with Windows default?

Seems pretty loud. I've set it to -40 db is that normal?
Windows default is generally fine. And yeah sure :)

nsfgp

Doesn't work... Thanks...

I found a copy of the manual online but most of my questions not answered in the manual.

Seems tpdz have almost scrubbed all their website of DX3 Pro and replaced with the Pro Plus
The only real question you asked is "Can you/How to adjust gain without a remote??". This is clearly answered in the manual. Yes you can do it. Go into Settings Menu (Tips 1B below); press knob until you see the Gain setting ... turn knob to change value to 0 or 9db.
The DX3Pro manual is actually better than the DX3Pro+ manual such that it specified correctly how you get into the settings menu by unplugging/plugging the power plug w/ the knob pressed.

1660275019901.png

asteroth

I thought I found the perfect budget DAC for me, until I discovered that there were/are so many problems with this product. :rolleyes:

Does it still have circuitry issues that end up with giving 10V DC for some random units?

Does this volume button still behave like this and make this horribly annoying noise? IMHO it would be a real shame to release a product that doesn't even register volume changes properly, not even mention the noise it does. It ruins the whole experience.

Maybe for some countries, 200$ is peanuts money, but for my country, it's half of the average salary.

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Can you switch from headphone output to speakers without the remote using the volume knob? I simply can't find the right number of clicks to make it happen. If so, please let me know how. Thanks.

gorman

Can you switch from headphone output to speakers without the remote using the volume knob? I simply can't find the right number of clicks to make it happen. If so, please let me know how. Thanks.
Double click headphones + speaker, double click headphones, double click speakers. It cycles.

aka_Z

Did you try to increase volume on the phone? Or both, Topping and the phone. It could be that bt volume on the phone is too low or off.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Topping doesn't seem to have a support forum I know about. My DX3Pro + is fine except now it's not playing music from Blue Tooth from my Android. Phone says it's connected. Topping says it's connected at 96khz. No sound. It worked fine the first day?? All other dig inputs are dandy!
????
You can send them an email and they normally reply pretty quickly.

Toku

Major Contributor
Topping doesn't seem to have a support forum I know about. My DX3Pro + is fine except now it's not playing music from Blue Tooth from my Android. Phone says it's connected. Topping says it's connected at 96khz. No sound. It worked fine the first day?? All other dig inputs are dandy!
????
My DX3Pro+ has a stable BT connection with two Android phones. Works well with LDAC.

Top Bottom