• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Poultrygeist

Still enjoying the excellent sound and features of the original.

Attachments

• P1010011 5.jpeg
    P1010011 5.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 75

TunaBug

Forum Donor
-Surprised it's still built on xmos XU208
-Jitter is no longer anxious :p
-Specs look really nice. The stacked LM4562 output looks interesting.

Don't products built with the XU216 usually do MQA though? So we can be happy with the XU208 :)

TunaBug

Forum Donor
With the extra horsepower that's an option, yes. :)

If only they had a use for that extra horsepower, other than MQA. PEQ for example. My impression of Topping is that they are fantastic at designing analog sections, integrating that with DACs, USB interfaces, etc. But also lacking when it comes to software development. I hope that the software side of things is something they can grow into... I would love for Topping to grow into being competition for Matrix Audio.

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
If only they had a use for that extra horsepower, other than MQA. PEQ for example. My impression of Topping is that while they are fantastic at designing analog sections, integrating that with DACs, USB interfaces, etc. But also lacking when it comes to software development. I hope that the software side of things is something they can grow into... I would love for Topping to grow into being competition for Matrix Audio.
I think they are aiming for that. Just takes time or course :D

Top Bottom