• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

Enkay25

FYI, I received the firmware upgrade instructions from Sabaj, and the special upgrade tool has just shipped as well. That tool is basically a cable (with some chip in it) that connects D5's port above its I2S to a Windows PC via USB.

How did you contact them for firmware ? Official site/AliExpress?

*I have an older 1.1*

Harry1973

I sent questions and request for receiving firmware update to Sabaj store at Amazon. I bought it there. Lets see what they answer.
My FW is also 8/8/19. - I have had no issues at all. Dac has been in use basically 8 h /day for couple of weeks. Stills sounds great.

Harry1973

I received a quite fast (but slightly inadequate) service response. They sent me an instruction pdf and SABAJ D5 firmware update.7Z file. -No news or comments on the tool itself however... -I am wondering what is the idea of this kind of upgrade implementation. Why not just have an internet connection on the back just in case of firmware upgrades or additional usb port for FW...hmm..

ohtoulouz

Hi,
Best regards from France. I am very happy to join the Forum. I was also in touch with Sabaj (Aliexpress), waiting for a firmware upgrade to solve the "volume knob not working after stanby" problem. Yesterday, I was given a link to download the firmware. It is a Baidu link, which I cannot download from. Before that, they promised me to ship the firmwrae with "an upgrade tool". To be honnest, I am a bit lost about the procedure to upgrade the firmaware. Maybe someone who already downloaded the firmware could upload it on Dropbox or Google Drive and tell us how he proceeded to upgrade the firmware.
Cheers.

Enkay25

Try your email. They must have sent you a link for download. If a filemail popup happens just cancel it and download the file. It will be a 7z zip file. It contains a pdf. It contains a visual instruction.

I will upload later. At the moment i cannot.

ansad

I don’t know if I am doing the right thing without authorization. But since China is now a holiday and they will not answer me, I spread it at my own risk. Link
p.s Sorry for the clumsy language, I translate through Google translite.

ohtoulouz

I don’t know if I am doing the right thing without authorization. But since China is now a holiday and they will not answer me, I spread it at my own risk. Link
p.s Sorry for the clumsy language, I translate through Google translite.
Your link is working fine. Thanks for your help, ansad.

glajman

Thanks Ansad!

Looking at the pdf, I must say that Sabaj made this really complicated unnecessarily. Why not use the usb port for flashing firmware?

People will start requesting the upgrade tool, why not include it at the beginning? Or better yet, integrate it with the D5.

Last edited:
Guys I finally got all my gear together. The chain is Macbook Pro > Sabaj D5 > Classe Sigma Amp 2 > B&W 804's

I'm not sure what my problem is, but my low end is non existent. Do I need a preamp between the Sabaj and amp? I have that Schitt Sys, but wanted to stay balanced out of Sabaj vs RCA (using all high quality cables btw). I'll have to try and see if it brings low end back. Having no problems with headphones, so I'm guessing it's preamp related, just didn't think I needed one. Any recommendations if Schitt doesn't work?

jruser

I got a tracking number for the update tool. Does anybody know where to actually track it at? It is a number like LW1234567890CN

Top Bottom