• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

Malis

I would start with the voltage selector. Check if you have the correct one selected. Then check the power wire and power switch on the back. You can turn on your SABAJ D5 by pressing the volume knobs center button. If you have no response, then I would start to check the fuse.

georgek558

I would start with the voltage selector. Check if you have the correct one selected. Then check the power wire and power switch on the back. You can turn on your SABAJ D5 by pressing the volume knobs center button. If you have no response, then I would start to check the fuse.
i did everything you mentioned no response I noticed when i opened fuse and put it back i saw red light on the button for split second and it goes away

Malis

I would try to replace the fuse and check the old one with a multimeter! Also, if possible, check if the voltage switch is functioning.

Too bad you are having a rough experience and will have a sour taste with this brands products in the future. This is a great product and has served me well for a long time.

georgek558

I would try to replace the fuse and check the old one with a multimeter! Also, if possible, check if the voltage switch is functioning.

Too bad you are having a rough experience and will have a sour taste with this brands products in the future. This is a great product and has served me well for a long time.
sadly i dont have a multimeter but i noticed some black things on fuse

Malis

Maybe you can take a zoomed in photo of the fuse, maybe this is the faulty component. If the voltage selector is on the wrong setting, this could be the solution. Fuses are very cheap to replace, so maybe we can solve this and you will be able to use your DAC/Amp.

georgek558

Maybe you can take a zoomed in photo of the fuse, maybe this is the faulty component. If the voltage selector is on the wrong setting, this could be the solution. Fuses are very cheap to replace, so maybe we can solve this and you will be able to use your DAC/Amp.

Attachments

• 4FF1787C-531D-4ECE-822B-85D47CEFC533.jpeg
    4FF1787C-531D-4ECE-822B-85D47CEFC533.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 157
  • 022C4B3B-098E-40D7-9CC5-7DD895556AFB.jpeg
    022C4B3B-098E-40D7-9CC5-7DD895556AFB.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 2FE8E8EA-1F22-4E8E-AAEB-DBA8DAB65ED7.jpeg
    2FE8E8EA-1F22-4E8E-AAEB-DBA8DAB65ED7.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 141

Malis

Where do you live? What voltage is being used in your country?

Also, they look like they have been blown. They cost few cents, you can go and by new ones, they are probably available in any hardware store or even gas stations.

And yes, the hobby of enjoying quality music comes with strings attached - you have to have a multimeter and will be drawn in to some technical stuff either way :D :D Welcome to ASR forum.

Last edited:

georgek558

Where do you live? What voltage is being used in your country?

Also, they look like they have blown. They cost few cents, you can go and by new ones, they are probably available in any hardware store or even gas statioi live in
i live in Russia we operate on 220 v

Perepep

How do you think the headphone amplifier behaves for about 8 ohms ??? Thank you.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
How do you think the headphone amplifier behaves for about 8 ohms ??? Thank you.

Amir measured the output impedance of the 1/4 headphone jack at 3 Ω. (I don't know how that relates to the XLR headphone jack.) That could be a problem for very low impedance headphones, such as what your describing. Here's a full explanation:
As NwAvGuy states in the article:

All you really need to know is most headphones work best when the output impedance is less than 1/8 the headphone impedance. So, for example, with 32 ohm Grados the output impedance [of the headphone amp] can be, at most, 32/8 = 4 ohms.

georgek558

I changed the fuse anf its working now thanks to all . I also received Hifiman edition xs headphone which is 92db 18 ohm and it seems to me that sabaj d5 from balance xlr input cant drive them, thats strange cause power from balance should be enough

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
I changed the fuse anf its working now thanks to all . I also received Hifiman edition xs headphone which is 92db 18 ohm and it seems to me that sabaj d5 from balance xlr input cant drive them, thats strange cause power from balance should be enough
Happy to know the D5 is working.

For the Hifiman, sorry but can't understand: you should connect the headphones to the output, not input.

Top Bottom