• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of PS Audio Sprout100

C0B-1D3-9

Just bought a Sprout 100 yesterday - my hearing impression is completely different, sound is extremely crisp and clear, it may be musical but clarity is there. Replaced a receiver which had seen better days and the improvement is clearly noticeable. However I would not want to compare a hearing experience with hard data. Hoping you had a good unit.
Tbh, as long as both pure subjectivists and pure objectivists (hard data) pumping out great enjoyable products, they are good to go. Just take both sides with a grand of salt then you will be happy with your purchase. Peace!

sal

Forum Donor
@amirm - The problem is that you did not use the 'hand-selected" $80 AQ interconnects or the 'curated' $230 AQ Speaker cables recommended for the Sprout. The long grain copper really lifts the veil!

Last edited:

Shuna

Seems like the Sprout100 (and ELAC B6.2 set) are back in stock, but the price was increased again to $800:confused:

SparkyBoy

Any suggestions for an alternative to this? NAD D 3045 and the Shanling EA5 are the only others I could find.

SparkyBoy

Last edited:

Mojo Warrior

Any suggestions for an alternative to this? NAD D 3045 and the Shanling EA5 are the only others I could find.

Consider the SMSL A100 and use your smartphone and Bluetooth as a remote. On the plus side it can easily manage dual sub woofers! Under $100 USD

Mojo Warrior

Or the slightly more expensive Loxjie A30 including remote

klettermann

I'm coming late to the party, but.....

I got the 3045 and it sounded horrible, like there was something wrong. Using KEF LS50's. Sent it back and got Sprout100. For my purposes the Sprout is quite ideal and sounds great. Nonaudiophile visitors comment on it regularly. As good as my 'real' system? Not by a long shot, but fine for the living/dining room.

Top Bottom