• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

groovybassist

Forum Donor
But with a constantly on state, the resource of components, especially capacitors, is significantly reduced. Is not it?

Possible, but I've been in the hobby for decades and have always left my various pieces of gear on 24 x 7. Never noticed any adverse effects.

groovybassist

Forum Donor

groovybassist

Forum Donor

Giuseppe Catapano

Per quanto riguarda i valori in volt dell'uscita rca vedo che sono dichiarati 2 valori, 2,3volt rms / 8volt rms ci sono passaggi intermedi o abbiamo 2 valori fissi?

groovybassist

Forum Donor
Per quanto riguarda i valori in volt dell'uscita rca vedo che sono dichiarati 2 valori, 2,3volt rms / 8volt rms ci sono passaggi intermedi o abbiamo 2 valori fissi?

You can set the preamp portion of the Element X for 0db ADJ or +10db ADJ; I’m guessing the two figures quoted are maximum output for each setting. Note, in both of these settings, the output is variable.

Giuseppe Catapano

Puoi impostare la parte di preamplificazione dell'Element X per 0db ADJ o +10db ADJ; Immagino che le due cifre citate siano l'output massimo per ciascuna impostazione. Nota, in entrambe queste impostazioni, l'output è variabile.
Certo credo lo sia solo in modalità pre amp e non in modalità solo dac presumo.

Arslan

New firmware available:

C02001
1、Fixed the issue that the element device displays an incorrect status when the network drive is offline.
2、Fixed the issue that the element device cannot enter Wi-Fi configuration mode when the Dimmer option is set to 5 sec.
3、Fixed the issue that, when pressing the Standby button when the device is under Dimmer mode, the device enters Standby mode directly instead of quit the Dimmer mode.
4、Spotify Connect integrated.
5、Fixed the issue that under Network input mode, the Playing icon displays incorrectly on the device screen.
6、Fixed the issue that the bit depth is displayed incorrectly when DSD file is playing.
7、When performing a factory reset, the device's name will also be changed to default name.
8、Remove streaming account from the device when performing a factory reset.

TGB

I have been using this for a while. Only found 2 issues:

- Adjust volume from Roon does adjust volum on the Element X, but display of the Element X will not show the first volume adjustment from Roon, requires an additional volume click in Roon to display volume on Element X's display.
- Mute/Unmute on Spofiy Connect does not work.

Else stuff seems very stable.

Aibek

Updated (C02001), there is a new setting “power down mute”, by default “Off”. What does this mean?

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
Updated (C02001), there is a new setting “power down mute”, by default “Off”. What does this mean?
Hi Aibek.
Sorry for the confusing.
There is not enough space on the small screen to tell you what it is. Let me explain it here.

This option should be ON by default.

When an audio device is working, if you unplug the power cable directly (without let it go standby by advance), the line output will produce a poping noise. Any device, including but not limited to Matrix product. In order to prevent this poping noise, we implemented a popping-sound-cancelling-circurty in element X. When the power supply was cut off unexpectedly, the circutry prevent the popping noise come out.

But in some dirty power supply enviroments, there are plenty of noises from the power supply, it may causes the element X detect the power on and off incorrectly, the popping-noise-cancelling-circutry would react abnormally. You may hear the relay in the unit is clicking abnormally, sometimes the unit cannot work properly. In this case, you can set this option to OFF, then the unit will not detect if the power supply is supplying electrisity. But when this option is set to OFF, if you unplug the power cable when the unit is working, a popping noise will come out from the line output.

Under MOST of the circumstances, this option should be set to ON.

TGB

Under MOST of the circumstances, this option should be set to ON.
Then it is kind of interesting that the setting seem to get value OFF by default (never touched this setting and it was set to OFF). Also the iOS app does not have this setting available (only available when browsing the settings directly on the Element X).

Aibek

MA Remote 3.0.1 for Android. Tablet. Gentlemen, how to adjust the font size ?, the letters are huge.

Archsam

An issue I encountered with the 3.0.1 MA Remote app - if I select 'play all' songs from my NAS under an artist, which contains multiple albums and many songs in total, the app is unhappy and will freeze, and only some of the songs will appear in the playlist (far fewer than the total).

This has never happened in previous versions of the app, and I have used the app since version 2.3 if I remember correctly.

@MatrixAudio - I will be grateful if you can look into this?

Last edited:

Arslan

New update of MAremote on Android available. Ready for next generation of devices (May presentation).

1. 2 generation element devices supported;
2. Qobuz streaming function optimized;
3. Fix the problem that the interface freezes when there are too many tracks in the Library;
4. Added search function to Internet radio;
5. Control the device volume through phone volume buttons;
6. Bug fixes;

tensor9

Forum Donor
https://www.hifinews.com/content/matrix-audio-element-x-network-attached-dac-lab-report

This article mentioned the X is phase inverting, has anyone done a phase listening test?
There is an app called the "Speaker Pop" app on the Apple app store. You can download a file that plays correct-polarity test pulses and let the app listen, and it will tell you if it's in phase or out of phase.

Sure enough, the damn phase is inverted. There is also a youtube video that has test pulses both in and out of phase (or positive and negative polarity). It flashes + on - on the screen depending on what phase is being played. Sure enough, the phase is inverted. Every time, a positive phase is played, the app reads negative.

So the easiest fix for this is to just swap my speaker polarity? hahah

@amirm Think some test like this should be implemented going forward?

Top Bottom